Lustral dose upped from 100mg to 150mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Following a lot of sickness and the passing of a number of family members & friends my anxiety returned and my level has been upped to 150mg from 100mg.  Lustral took some time to settle when I first went on it, but it was so good and I just wonder how long the new level will kick in and should I have less side effects as its in my system already.  Thanks in advance.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jean,

Sorry to hear about your troubles! I've never dealt with Lustral however if its a serontonin uptake they do take a bit of adaption into the brain (wont happen straight off) if your on 100 going up 50mg could give you a paradoxical effect. by maybe giving you lots of side effects until it normalises in the ystem, then again you may fid no issues at all some people are fine ?? people are really variable. My advice is to just hold on to hope and keep positive knowing the improvements are not far off smile

• Posted

Hi Stevo - thank you for taking the time to reply & words of encouragement. I will keep at it, sure it can only get better, it did when I went on it the first time.  Thanks again.  Take care J.
    • Posted

And there was I thinking I wouldn't be bothered with side effects.  Morning of day 4 before taking tablet, got out of bed feeling sick, headache, bit dizzy and tired.  have taken 4th dose, so maybe I will just try and look at the side effects as the medication is getting there 😏 It's funny (not funny haha) I can't remember how long side effects lasted when I started these some time ago,  which is a pity as it might have given me an idea how long they will last this time.  The other problem is I don't do slow good - which is not good for the auld anxiety 😂😂
    • Posted

Hey Jean hang in there the ride is worth it I have sucky side effects but totally way better than symptoms our brians take a while to form recovery habits and the chemicals to balance out.
    • Posted

Well one week on new level still some side effects, but getting there.  It seems to be working as I'm not anxious all the time just now and again during the day.  Hopefully another few days and it will be better again.  Did you find that?  Or am I just thinking about it too much?
    • Posted

Hi, day 10, having good days and then I hit a wobble, like his morning, I know everyone has said anything up to two weeks, but I would have thought with it already in my system it may have worked faster, or was that wishful thinking?!  I suppose I just need know this is how it goes?  
    • Posted

Hi Stevo - well I'm on day 14 today on new level but while it's helping I still get a bit anxious,., but i just need to know if it can take 2 to 3 weeks for the new level to kick in, what do you think?  Thanks in advance. 
    • Posted

Hey Jean,

Sorry Ive missed some of your posts not sure why I didnt see 'em ? It takesa good few weeks in most cases some longer than others just go with it is my best advice I had side effects for a long time but after a while didnt really think about them as much. the fact you are starting to feel happier and have less anxiety is promising as that is the normal signs of balance the key to these meds is time (I know right we all want instant results) Hang in there doll take it day by day. 

• Posted

You are so good, I just needed to hear I'm on track.  I am a lot better than where I was two weeks ago, even got out and had a few walks, which is great as my thing is, what if I fall?  I did CBT five years ago and I'm trying to remember what I learned, but it's hard when your legs feel like jelly, mind you the gent I did CBT with said "sure if you fall someone will pick you up" lol.  Thanks again & hope you are good also.  
    • Posted

Great news Jean! keep on keeping on thats the ticket! my CBT technique that I call upon is how bad can it get!!! I repeat that out loud and take a few breaths and normally in that time I have focused on reality and any negative thought often seems outrageous once i've become more rational. tricky but it works we need to not trust everything our brain throws up which is easier said than done.
    • Posted

Hi S.  Well you are good at this, just got a call from GP to see how I was doing on new levels & she said where I'm at is normal and to give myself another 2 to 3 weeks or so before I will get the full effects.  Just in time for Santa - lol.  Wasn't I lucky u replied to me and I've a feeling it's not the last time you will hear from me.  Have to say it was nice of GP to contact me.  I've a good team around me now between family, GP and yourself. J. 
    • Posted

Hi Jean, I'm just repeating what professionals have said but more importantly great people I have mnet on here like Kate and David who has shared their experiences and with my experience to help you then thats fantastic!! You'll be fine Jean dont lose faith on any down days you might get they are only a sleep away from a better day and once the meds really kick in and we are talking potentially weeks-months you will feel like normal sounds like you have a good mindset toward your own recovery hang in there and keep us posted smile
    • Posted

Hi S. 🎈🏃 all pleased with myself just back from my walk on my own, first time I've walked on my own in weeks, all be it in the wind and rain!  Have had two good days, took a wobble this afternoon but pushed myself out the door.  So from where I was three weeks ago I will take that.  So anyone who might read this, as I was told "do hang in there it's worth it" and while there were times I wondered, its so true 😀 Hope you are tipping along good. J.
    • Posted

Hi just to wish you a Happy Christmas, hope you are good.  I'm having more good days than not, but today's not great as I've had a sinus infection for the last few days which effects eyes, ears and throat and makes me a bit dizzy which is not great when my thing is, falling, everything to help, I had hoped I would be better than I am, but have to remember where I was and I far I've come in four weeks, if I'm honest I kinda wonder are the tablets working, but then everyone says it takes time, I know.  Anyway hope Xmas goes good for you and here's to a healthy 2016. 
    • Posted

Hi hope all is OK with you and to wish u a Happy and Healthy New Year.  On Christmas Day a passing comment made me go to the Doctor, just as well as my thyroid has gone overactive, hence all the symptoms I have been having.  Seeing consultant next week but I was so hyper they put me on tablets (more tablets!) for a week and hopefully have all the blood results back by then.  Yup, Christmas wasn't much fun in this house, but I will make it up to them all.  Take care J.
    • Posted

Hi.  Well it's been a while, but Santa brought me my annual Xmas gift, anxiety!!  So I'm back where I was last year, this is why I went back to look at the posts to see what we spoke about...  Hope all settled with you, isint it funny when we are "normal" whatever that is 😂 We disappear off this page, anyway I did it before I can do this again, I think.... Take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.