Lyme disease for nearly a month

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've Lyme and just wanted to hear if anyone else has the same symptoms, I bitten at the just over 3 weeks ago.  The worse thing I get extreme fatigue to the point where I feel I can't move for hours on end, and often feel like I am going in and out of consciousness, neck pain but only on a bad day, my knee is swollen and sore, the bulls eye rash is still there but faint.  The extreme tiredness seems to come on about every 3 days but totally debilitating when it does happen. GP thinks this is due to my depression but it doesnt feel that way. Antibiotics (Doxycycline 200mg twice a day) are due to run out in two days and I'm wondering if I need more. Help and advice greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh and I forgot to say I have a distended abdomen when I have eaten anything.
  • Posted

I did doxy for 28 days.  200 mgs 2x.    After I finished the doxy I still felt bad.   But, over the mos. that follow some things go better: vision, cough, dizziness.  But, I remained very fatigued and just felt like a wet blanket was on me.  Also, I still had noise sensitivity.  My flight/fight response would kick-in everytime I heard a door slam.   Only, this past weekend did that stop.  I was lying on the couch and realized I didn't notice any noises.  I had the windows open and nothing was bothering me.  My breathing was so shallow.  And the past two days I have had energy and been more like my old self.   Today is four and half mos. after finishing the doxy.   So what I can tell is what the my doc told me and what the CDC says on the matter....give it time.  Your body has launched a major attack against the infection so even after it has been killed by the doxy it can take several mos. before the symptoms of the original infection disappear.  I know this brings little comfort, but I can tell you I thought I would never feel better and the last two days have been so pleasant.  Energy, relaxed, upbeat.   I hope it continues to get better.   Good luck. 

• Posted

Thank you and I hope you continue to get better too. Like you said though it could be a long job and I've not much patience!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.