Lymes disease (help)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys

Hi, Recently i discovered i have Lyme disease caused by a tick bite while out walking in the woods with my children. I would never have known had i not developed the classic red bulls eye rash on my leg. Im currently waiting for the results of the blood test,after they analyse the blood I'm hoping they should be able to treat me with the correct course of meds. I have done a little bit off research online and discovered a whole world of information but it would be nice to actually talk to someone about these nasty little biters besides my GP. From what i have red this is a growing problem that is spreading havoc all over the world. Im from Scotland and so all treatent is free of charge here so i have that to be thankfull for i guess, also it could have just as easily been one of my kids who were bit instead of me. My GP took one quick look at my leg and immediatly said im certaine its Lyme disease. He said his own son also got bit and that he had recently treated a small baby and in both cases they were a success. He told me not to worry about it and that the understanding of lyme treatment has increassed massivly in rescent years. I should also mention that  only recently i started a maintinance programme for opiod abuse so i kind of just attributed all the feelings i have been getting down to the lack of opiods. Im new to all this and just wondered if anyone else has had similar problems.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Since your GP stated that understanding of Lyme has increased massively. I hope with that understanding he agrees on not waiting around for positive results. You treat on presentation of rash. It is super important to treat immediately do not wait. Not even a few days.

You have a good chance of getting past this with success if you grab it by the horns now.

The testing is rubbish. If it's negative would your doctor treat anyway? If yes then treat now

• Posted

Hi Joanne, I hear what you are saying and i totally agree that time is of the essance when treating this horrible disease but my GP seemed to think that in order to diagnose me correctly that it was important to get the dossage right prior to startig. He said that this can only be done ater they analize the blood to see how my bodys immune is already fighting it on its own. Im 37 years old today and have generaly been fit and heealthy all my life. My body normaly responds realy well to treatment drugs so im hopefull i make a full recovery and im able to rid my body of all the bacteria or whatever else this tiny tick has injected into my blood. I red a realy interesting article the other day about a scientist who analized the brains of now diseased alztimers patients and he is finding the Borilia bacteria that causes Lyme dissease was found in all of the brains he tested, these were patients who were never diagnozed with Lyme in the first place. He went on to talk about how studies showed how it could be the cause of many other diseases recognized as something else now. Im so glad i even had the bulls eye mark other wise im sure i would have not acted as quickly as i have. I wish everyone the best in dealing with this and good luck to us all. Its one of those sinarios where you just have to put your trust in the health system and hope that they know what the hell they are doing. 
    • Posted

Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons,Lucerics,and Alztimers disease are all named conditions for which no cause is known. Could it be that the Berilia bacteria that causes Lyme disease is directly atributed to all of these. This is information i picked up watching a youtube doc and i find it realy interesting. I dont think there is enough reaserch going on out there. And from what i understand ,there is far more people in the world who already have this disease who realy dont know maybe because they never felt the initial tick bite or just failed to show any noticable physical symptoms. Maybe i am just over analizing things like usual i dont know but surely this is worth looking into no matter what the cost. I dont know the figures but i would assume that thousands off ppl die from any one of these diseases every year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.