Lymph nodes - anxiety!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have posted in here a few weeks ago regarding a cyst/lymph node I developed under my armpit after being on a night out drinking 2 times . the 2nd time i came on my period the day after and I was told the lump in my armpit was due to hormones etc. of course my anxiety is telling me different. after I found the lump I had a few drinks during that week as it was Christmas, I did not have any pain while drinking alcohol and I did not have pain where the lump was , but I am still paranoid that the lump appeared due to lyphoma after my night of heaving drinking. I have a small node in my groin which has been there 5 years roughly the size of a pea and it has never changed size.

my question is , what does main from drinking alcohol related to lyphoma feel like?? would I get a small pea size lump in my armpit ? I was told ot was a cyst and it does go away (pretty sure I can still feel the cyst sack )

I don't have any other symptoms other than occasionally itching which im sure is due to my anxiety.

is my anxiety getting the better of me again??

I've had 2 lots of bloods test which don't show anything other than fatty liver which I'm having a scan for in a few weeks .

I have food days and bad days, but it's now got to the point I'm terrified to touch a drop of alcohol incase I have symptoms.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

if you had lymphoma, the blood test would have certainly picked it up. Your white blood cells would have been skyhigh. You are fine. One night of drinking does not cause lymphoma in fact there’s no association. People can get cysts anywhere on their body and most of them go away on their own. I have had little lumps in my neck and groin area and that was over 30 years ago. Many of those are due to having a virus such as a cold or flu. My kids had them when they were little when they got sick with a cold.

so you’re most likely overthinking this. blood testing was fine. Try to reduce your anxiety by relaxing your mind and if it’s really troubling you you can speak with a counselor who can help you manage this. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.