M plus X = Best(e)

Posted , 7 users are following.

November 9, I finally had the last cataract operated on. Now both eyes have the "Oculentis Mplus X" multifocal IOL implanted. The vision is superb!!!

Near (7-12 inches), intermediate (12-16 inches) and distance vision is excellent. Night vision is better than when I wore eyeglasses (R: -700/L: -850 & progressive). There are no halos, streaks or glare from light sources. In fact it's interesting to look at the car and motorcycle headlights to see the lighting design -- single or multiple bulbs, LED, etc. I never did this wearing eyeglasses because the glare was too offending. Colors are incredible! It's like viewing a "Sony Bravia" flat screen tv during your waking hours. Lentis claims 5% light loss. It's acceptable to me because my night vision is very good. Before I was blind as a bat if I wasn't wearing my eyeglasses. Now my vision is at least 20/40 -- good enough for driving.

I don't think the Oculentis Mplus X is available in North America. It's an excellent multifocal IOL with very good light sensitivity. I wore eyeglasses for 60 years and now I'm eyeglasses independent. Hurray! Lentis Mplus X has given me a visual reincarnation. It's the Best(e)!

Has anyone else had great results with Oculentis IOL's?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations on a very successful surgery. It is great that you could not be happier by the improvement in your vision, providing you clarity over a large distance range.

However, it will be nice to know how your actual vision reading is at various distances, when you have it checked. Otherwise, good vision can mean different to different people, depending on their desires. For example, you say that your distance vision is now excellent, but then later on say that you expect it to be at least 20/40 (good enough for driving). Many people may consider 20/40 to be only a fair vision. Therefore, it will be nice to know the actual numbers at different distances to avoid giving people a false sense of what they may be able to achieve with this lens.

• Posted

Dr said distance vision is 20/30. I'm very happy with that. Near (as close as 5 inches) and intermediate vision is excellent. So happy not to wear eyeglasses!

• Posted

Nice.  Congratulations.  It's like a miracle, isn't it?

• Posted

Yes after 60 years in wearing eyeglasses & expecting to continue to wear eyeglasses post surgery, the renewed vision is a miracle. No more eyeglasses! Reading distance is excellent (the closest is 7 inches), intermediate and distance are very good. Night vision is better than when I wore eyeglasses! I always hated wearing eyeglasses, but no choice. Tried wearing contacts (hard, soft) a few times and the eyes couldn't tolerate them. It's an unexpected visual reincarnation in my senior years. Still healthy where I can enjoy the new vision. It's a miracle. Thanks God.

• Posted

Thanks for posting your good outcome.  Have never heard of that lens, but it sounds very promising!  Best to you and your new vision.
    • Posted

Oculentis is a small German company attached to SwissMed. They make their IOL's in the Netherlands. All their IOL's are asymetrical and plate form with square smooth edges. The IOL is not formed with concentric circles, but is hydro-acrylate patented formed.

There has been a lot of negative criticisms of the "Lentis Mplus and Mplus X" on the internet. I was hesitant about the IOL, but my ophthalmologists said it's very good. A fellow senior ophthalmologist had them implanted and he was very happy. Via the internet, I read about complaints with the other brands. So which do you go with? In the end I trusted the expertise of my ophthalmologists.

The Oculentis MplusX is a very good all-around multifocal IOL. Near vision is excellent. I can focus to almost the same distance as my natural eye -- 5 inches. All other distances are good. No complaints with night vision. Color is like viewing a Sony Bravia.

Oculentis IOL's are not available in North America. They are available in UK, Western & Eastern Europe and Asia where I am living. Since it's your eyes, it may be worth traveling to a country that offers it or similar. Many new IOL's are generally sold first in the European market because accessing the North American market is strictly regulated. Although I wonder about the Tecnis Symfony because of so many complaints and a recent recall.

It's been less than 2 weeks since the last eye, right, received the MplusX. 1) takes 12 weeks to adjust to the new IOL plus 2) more time for both eyes to adjust to each other and the brain. It can only improve. Already at less than 2 weeks, I'm very satisfied. Then again I had no expectations. It's a nice Xmas or retirement gift.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.