Mabevarine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone know if you can take mabevarine and fybergel x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I have been prescribed both Mebeverine and Fybogel so I don't think there is a problem in taking both, as they have different functions.

Having said that, I don't take the Mebeverine as I don't have spasmodic cramps, just continuous pain on the left hand side. However, I do find the Fybogel really useful in regularising things!

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply My DR gave me mabevarine because he thinks I have IBS as well as DD I decided to start My fybergel today but didn't take the mabevarine I will take it again in the morning and see how I get on

• Posted

Hope you get a good result. It's so difficult trying to juggle both medications and food. 

I must admit to being at a complete loss most of the time as to what works for me and what doesn't. And my food in and out diary doesn't seem to help at all!

Anyway, wishing the best for you.

• Posted

I take Mebeverine 20 minutes before a meal for IBS.

I take Fybogel as needed but find Lactulose better.

• Posted

I was prescribed Fybogel and Mebeverine to take 30 mins before meals twice a day and it helped for about 3 to 4years but still ended up with sigmoid colectomy which has made a tremendous difference to my life but still have to take just Fybogel twice a day. So definitely give it a try. Good luck!  
    • Posted

Hi Anne -Marie

Would you mind telling me what your experience of

having surgery was like ?

I'm facing it and am feeling rather scared and don't know what

to expect. Do you feel better for it ?

• Posted

Hello Linda

Yes I had elective surgery January 2016 and they removed all of the sigmoid colon, it was very inflamed.  Recovery was a bit grim during first 6 weeks but got there in the end.  Definitely haven't had any problems since except that normal isn't quite what it was before original problems.  Bowel movements a bit irregular but not painful.  Was told to make sure eat only small meals (little and often better) otherwise you can feel very uncomfortable, which is certainly true.  Still take Fybogel twice a day and have to say I hardly eat meat or bulky food anymore only because it makes me feel uncomfortable.  No flare ups and no antibiotics since recovery (the year before op I was on anitbiotics about every 4/6 weeks!!) Definitely glad I had it done. Got my life back again. I didn't even need temporary colostomy bag and op was keyhole.  Amazing when you think about it!  Have posted before on this site about my recovery.  Good luck with surgery, I'm sure you will feel so much better but it does takes time. Let me know how it goes.

Regards Annie

• Posted

Thanks Annie.

Glad you made a full recovery, I hope that I do too !

All the best

Linda x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.