Made a mistake! I lied to GUM clinic about when I last had sex! What do I do now?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I told them I had sex 4 weeks ago but I only had sex 1 week ago! I only lied because I wanted to be tested & not be turned away!

I got tested for gonorrhea & chlamydia. I want to get tested for everything in a few weeks to be 100% what can I say to them?? (Please do t say you shouldn't have lied, I know that)

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't see the problem. I think you did what you had to to get tested. I don't think at this stage an HIV test would be accurate. The other tests should be fine. Why feel bad about it. I don't know what country you are in, but in the USA we can go see a doctor and voice our concerns at any time. There shouldn't be a waiting period for this. I don't understand what difference it makes as to one week ago to 4 weeks. So don't feel bad.
    • Posted

Thank you for understanding smile they say there's a window period for the STI to show up in your system or something!

If I go back in a few weeks are they going to test me again tho?

• Posted

Well, I don't know. If you need to lie again, but it just keeps getting worse the more you have to lie. I would be honest and tell them why you did this.In the future try to use protection for STD's it is the best way. That way you have little worry. 
    • Posted

I hate worrying about things like this! I don't really want to tell them Hahaa, I'll have to have a think, thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.