Made an appointment

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been having bad pressure/pain in bladder all week. So I made an appointment to get checked out. No burning with urination or anything just a feeling of bladder being so full it hurts but it's not full 😢 Any ideas? Even hurts to move. Anyway hopefully it's something simple

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had a bladder infection after my hysterectomy and had the same sensation as you describe with no burning etc. Quick dip test and you'll know then they will send it off usually x

• Posted

Have you actually put in a urine sample at the GP surgery steph?
    • Posted

Not yet I made appoitment for tomorrow morning (USA)
    • Posted

Hope you get this sorted out. Burning and stinging aren't always symptoms when you have a UTI.Sometimes you can just get an "odd" sensation in the bladder so it could be what we call in the UK a low grade infection. Antibiotics is the best treatment but sometimes it can be flushed away with copious amounts of water. It is sensible to get it checked out and here we don't just rely on a stick test, sending a sample for urinalysis is still important because a stick test won't show up a low grade infection.

• Posted

Thanks the pressure pain is very odd. Almost feels like a weight in my bladder. No leaking or bulges tho
    • Posted

Pressure pain can also be a symptom of a UTI because the bladder is made of muscle and they contract to expel the urine out if the bladder. It is a type of internal cystitis
    • Posted

Should have added it's more a bladder infection rather than a urine infection.

• Posted

That's what I'm leaning toward some kind of cystitis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.