made it thru 1st week on Mirt!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I feel pretty good , but I had to buy OTC sleeping aid  otherwise I dont think I would feel this good. The Mirt* must be helping because I dont feel any anxiety these last few days , or bouts of panic/rage (anger) .

My concern now is , after reading other peoples experiences with the dosage increase, I wonder why does the doctors want to increase?... I am supposed to increase tomorrow to 30mg , but why bother if 15 is good?... and some of you are going up to 45mg and feeling worse, some feel better. Its very concerning to me, but I know we all will react differently as we all have our own reasons for taking Mirt* in the first place, well I just wonder when I go up to 30mg , can I stay there?..lol.. I dont want to mess up a good thing, and right now I know Im only in early stages, but man.... the whole increase thing...thats scary . I wish it just worked the same for us all and we would all feel well!!!

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

thanks for,the info.  If it's been bought in Canada or the USA via Amazon, I think that May not be legal??!!

• Posted

really ?... not legal?... never thought that , but I really do not know, you can still shop on Amazon tho cant you?. I suggest just asking your pharmacist for his recommendation on a good sleeping pill. thats what I did smile
  • Posted

What did he recommend.  My GP is totally against prescribing any sleeping pills.
    • Posted

The pharmacist recommended the SleepMD smile  there are other sleeping pills I could buy too but I told her I wanted the best ones because the ones I bought before were literally crap....she laughed at me and said SleepMD are the best. and they really are! they get me yamning about half hour after I take them..lol

My doctor probably would have perscribed me something to sleep if I asked her but like I said before I do not want or need more perscriptions you know what I mean?

I told my doc about the sleepMD and that I was worried I would become dependant on them and she shook her haid No, she told me dont worry, Sleep MD is harmless and that I would not bec ome dependant on them at all. That was good to hear, I am a mother of 5 daughters, so you can imagine my lack of sleep over the last 15 years, It just happened that I becpome so programmed to be awake for the little ones that sleep does not come easy for me at all anymore.

Mind you the kiddies are all older now, the youngest is 4 and has been sleeping thru the nights for the last 3 years ! but not me !! lol

So there has to be something for you where you live that is similar...

maybe I could tell you the ingredients of SleepMD and you could find something similar?

• Posted

Hi Nessie, if it wasn't legal Amazon wouldn't be able to sell it.   I've just bought a probiotic off Amazon that you can't bye anywhere else and that was developed in London .
    • Posted

Hi Vixxxen, it can be sold legally in the UK.  I think people get a bit paranoid when we can't get something from a Pharmacy, or GP.  But I don't think Amazon would be able to trade anything illegal.  Not that I don't understand because there was a time when I was doubtful .  Take Care.
  • Posted

Hi vixxxen222,

I was just reading your thread and just wanting some advice.

I am starting my prescription mirt* 15mg tonight- which is when I should take my daily dose of this.

I'm a 25 year old women, I have been experiencing anxiety and low mood for over a year now. I was prescribed amatrixaline previous to this (not sure on the spelling sorry) and I told my Docter I don't think these are working for me anymore so he suggested mirt 15mg.

Living day by day at the moment is very hard, I get up 5am every morning for work, get to work im fine up until about 10.30-11am and that's when I start to feel anxious for no reason and I just want to get home as I feel that's where I feel safe and no one can get to me. On the way home I have to walk through town which is a nightmare as I'm not wanting to bump into anyone as I can't face it. My mind is constantly in overdrive over thinking everything!! I don't want to meet up with friends and family I just want to be alone but then when I am on my own I just want to scream!!

I'm really hoping this new medication is going to help.

when reading your story it made me feel a little more hopeful for the next few weeks.

Have you any advice for me?

Natalie xx

• Posted

Hi Natalie, smile

can relate to you very much.

I , like you , suffer with so much anxiety at what seems like the weirdest times sometimes. It kreeps right up on me at times and I have no way to deel with it , I have to just wait til it passes. I used to drink, which in turn caused me many problems over the years,. Today I am sober thank God. for a year now.

But when I went to see a doctor finally, to ask for help, she gave me the Mirt* and told me to start at 15mg for the first week, and then for the 2nd week go up to 30mg.

this concerned me because really, I felt pretty good on 15mg.. the first week, I didnt experience any anxiety at all during the day!!

But I also suffer fdrom insomnia, very bad. I am a mother of 5 girls for the last 15 years so you can imagine some of the reasons I have insomnia. ( as well as stress causes me insomnia) I am only 35 so this is alot for me to deal with. Insomnia , anxiety AND depression. I like how you call it low mood. thats what it feels like to me as well.

So, I had to go back and ask my doctor, why she wanted me to increase the dose to 30mg this week, if 15 was making me feel fine. Well, she said 15mg is usually perscribed to patients who generally have trouble sleeping and thats it...

And to increase the dose to 30mg, is to start treating my other issues, anxiety being the big one, and depression. Over the next few months I should begin to see changes in my moods, so as to not be so down sometimes you know what I mean?

I am a believer , I have faith... Im trying this Mirt out!

I will tell you this, I have not had the shakes, tremors and anxiety that I had before I started using Mirt*.... Its been a week and 2 days.!

For my insomnia I went to the pharmacy and bought an OTC sleeping aid which pretty much knocks me out at bed time thank god, I have trouble staying asleep when I do sleep.

My doctor also assured me that this was fine to take.

I have read many others thoughts on this site about Mirt* and it ranges from good-great to terrible and awful.

I easily get persuaded into the negative thoughts , which is sad because there are some people out here that have had amazing results from taking Mirt.* So I am hopeful.

My doctor wants to keep me on it for atleast 9 months to see signifigant changes. I am game for that.

All my life I suffer from anxiety, panic...and bouts of depression.. I do not want that anymore. I want to be free from that burden.

normal anxiety is okay... I can handle it at 'normal' times, like say at a job interview, or a first date you know?... but its the out of the ordinary anxiety attacks and complete panic that scare me.... makes me always feel like theres something wrong with me.

Well , natalie I have gotten thru the 1st week unscathed.. smile this 2nd week on 30mg is going to be okay too, I can feel it.

I hope this helps..

Vic

• Posted

Thanks for replying back vixxxen222.

Just a quick reply as I'm on my dinner break.

My Docters have not said anything about increasing my dose. He's probably just wants to see how I get on with the 15mg. I dunno!?!

I'm hoping these work for me and I'm deffo going to give them a good try this is only the anti-depressant I've been on.

I had my first tablet last night and I felt a little drowsey before bed. Luckily for me I don't have trouble sleeping, in fact I sleep too much. I do feel for you though with your insomnia.

Take care. And well done with the drinking 😃

• Posted

Hi Vixen

i know I've already asked you about Sleep MD.  I can't get them on Amazon.  They seem to be American websites.  I know I asked you before about them.  Can you use them with Mirtazapine?  The GP has cut my dose and I need something to help me to sleep.  I know I also asked you if it was legal to buy them n the UK- I'm just a bit doubtful as they all seem to be US websites and I can't find one in the UK.

thanks for your help

best wishes

Nessie

PS can you recommend another good sleeping tablet, Jo -prescription if I can't get them?

• Posted

Hi Ness,

It sucks we all just cant have the same medicine available evewhere eh..?..

So theres the SleepMD, which you say isnt avaliable for you, its a good one for sure..

But another natural supplement that strictly helps sleep is called Melatonin. Ive had them in 5mg and 10 mg. they dissolve on your tongue with a minty taste) they work very very well. you can buy them at the pharmacy as well.

I have just recently gotten a perscription for trazedone, it helps you sleep as well. another one i know of is called Immovane. they are both strong enough to knock you out at bed time.!

thing with me is Im severe insomniac.  I woke up about 6 times last night ....on 30mg mirt* and 100mg trazedone.

tho I fell back to sleep easily. Some ights I just have way too much on my mind and I wake constantly!

Immovane and trazedone are 2 kinds you could ask your doc for. and Melatonin is at the pharmacy.

Hope this helps you..

you have to choose one tho, you should never mix them.

smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.