Major health anxiety, please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had a cold now for about 8 days, I've also had a bad stomach and been feeling sick. is this normal with a cold? after googling (worst thing to do i know) im convinced I have some deady flu or pneumonia and I'll never get better!! Really panicking and i think thats making me feel worse because I'm stressing its something other than a cold and because I've had it for 8 days.. if someone has any advice or could reassure me id appreicate it because I feel really down and awful sad thank you x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety will definitly make your symptoms worse and when our bodies are under stress we don't heal as quicly. That being said it is always good to see a doctor to make sure you are ok. Being reassured will help the axiety some. Anxiety is tricky and will creep up on you. Get the support you need to cope.

• Posted

Im along the coast and there is a bad cold, cough, stomach thing going around. So if thats where you live its not your imagination. Look on the sick weather map lol. It shows you the hundreds of people sick with the same thing. Im on antibiotics it flipped to bronchitis and have an ear issue too. And yes it does trigger anxiety. We have an anxiety disorder any sickness sets it off. And we dont like being sick. 

My suggestion is to check the sick weather app so you see you are not alone. Then make some chamomile tea and sip it to soothe you and your tummy. Maybe even a pepcid to speed up the belly ache. Drink lots of water because colds dehydrate you faster. I found that out myself from taking a steamy shower lol. And stay away from decongestants.bad for anxiety.  Use a pot of hot water out some vapor rub or herb in there and cover your head with a towel..helps a lot. Intend to what if..too i dint inow why we do that it so sabatoging. This anxiety disorder needs to back off when we are sick..

Feel better.

• Posted

I live in the midlands so I'm not on the coast and yes its awful, ive tried the towl over the head thing doesnt really help, i just feel very tired, after 8 days of a cold I start to get anxious its something more, its the time of year, I always get poorly this time of year, maybe its the sudden weather change! I hope i feel better soon x

• Posted

I just used the sickmap and it said cold, flu and common coughs are going around in my area so i guess its not just me
    • Posted

Oddly doesnt it make you feel better about it though. It does. Its going around. And you are more then half way thru it at least. You should add yourself on there. Its a nice app.
    • Posted

I think I'm feeling quite depressed/low because I'm sick so thats making me anxious, I feel lazy and I have blocked sinsus, headaches, its just not nice, feel insecure when I'm sick.. especially when I have people around me being like ' go to the doctors !! ' yet I know in my head you can have a cold up to 2 weeks. I hate my mind sometimes!

• Posted

Im feeling dizzy and i find that weird in day 7 that that symptom is even an issue but maybe from the antibiotic and the shower earlier. I dont know i dont want to go into the doctors office. So i understand what you are saying. Hopedully this time next week we will be all better.
  • Posted

katie

Colds can hang around for a long time and if you have been coughing your sides and tummy may be sore.

I do not think you have anything else, 

Have a nice hot lemon juice with a spoonful of honey

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.