Major panic attack

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've just split up with partner today, he was my rock, but far too pushy and I couldn't handle this side of him. The worst feeling is the shock and panic I feel without him. I was dependant on him and didn't realise how much. My legs feel like they've gone to jelly and I am very anxious about coping with these physical reactions.  Has anyone got any advice to manage this huge anxiety?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to here about your troubles

Its still very early days you have only split with your partner today,it will take time

to healcry

Try and have family and friends around and keep yourself busy

Maybe try some therapy

take care and stay strongcool

• Posted

As a woman having a relationship with someone pushy i totally relate. Is he the reason why your anxiety begun? Have you ever thought about it? Are you with him for a long time? I ll tell you one thing. Having a pushy partner is like being under a lake and breathing through a straw. Now someone closed the air and you managed to get out of the lake. Every break up takes time to heal. It will have grief and pain. But it will be temporary for some months. Pressure will be forever.. You got the courage to do it. I wish i will get it too. How was he pushy?
    • Posted

He used emotional blackmail if he couldn't get his own way. I have had some space and feel I need a longer break.  He wants to talk, but he won't compromise and I always get upset by this. Yes it has felt so much like you said.  Thanks for helping me see the light.
  • Posted

how are you feeling now?
    • Posted

I met up with an old friend who also has relationship problems and we had a long walk.. My panic has subsided for the moment. I just need to relax and not to be in confrontational situations all the time.

Thanks for your concern.

• Posted

Do not go back because you are anxious. It takes time to heal. You did the right thing and time will heal leaving him. Theres someone better out there for you. You would get anxious either way, he wasnt really your rock he was there and causing you distress. Better to see friends and make new friends. He will probably be persistent for a bit, pushy people are like that. Abusive are very like that first , then act sad and apologenic then get cruel. Ignore it all. You will realize in a few months you made the best choice ever, anxiety can be hard at times to manage but way better then dealing with it and feeling trapped. Here you get to heal. If it gets a bit too rough fo see your doctor and im sure he can give you something to help you get through this.you havent mentioned if you live with your parents or alone. If yiu are aline you can always have a friend stay over or go see some family for a bit. Co deoendency would be the absolute worst reason to be with a person.
    • Posted

I try to keep busy and yesterday I went for a swim which helped.
    • Posted

that's good!

do you have a therapist or counsellor or anything?

• Posted

I have an appointment in a weeks time to sort out some support through doctor, thanks.
    • Posted

Just chilling out today.Needed to watch tv and distract myself. Couldn't face supermarket so bought fish and chips. Just coping one day at a time thanks.
    • Posted

if you ever need anything, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

you are not alone.

good luck and all the best!

• Posted

Thanks to you and all the support I have had on this forum.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.