Major teeth work... 8 extractions, bone grafting and implants

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a lengthy question. And may be to complex for you to answer. I kind of laugh to myself when I see people asking about 1 tooth. My son is 22 years old. At the age of 18 he was in a bicycle accident and avulsed eight teeth #8,9,10,11,22-26 which were replanted. He had root canal therapy on teeth # 8,9,10,11,22,23 and 26 as well as a lingual bar splinting, creating natural pontics for teeth #24 and 25. We were recently told that he now has both internal and external resorption noticed on recent full mouth series. We have had 3 consultations and they have all come up pretty much with the same plan. Extracting 7,8,9,10 11,22,23,26,27 and doing bone grafting then implants. Anyway we are talking over $50,000.00 worth of work. He has already had interim partial dentures made but realized that we wouldn't be able to go forward with the treatment. Therefore we have already spent $3000.00 and have nothing done. We have even been to Tufts Dental and Mass General Dental Schools to see if they could do the work cheaper but we were told it was to complex for the school. It is not possible to get a loan in that amount. We have no other means of obtaining the money for this. We don't know what other options we have. They consider this all cosmetic, so insurance does not cover any of it. My question is do you know of a way to have the work done pro-bono or any kinds of grants that may cover this? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Some people uses dental tourism for affordable cost. And they also do professional treatment, I know it is tuff coordinate things. Trust is another issue. I got my good quality crown done in south India I have it without problems, and it's been 5 years. I refused their bridge to install out of fear, and I was alone.

They have advanced technology and it is affordable. 

People go to Cuba also for dental work. Hope things works for you.

• Posted

I don't know where you're from, but a lot of Americans go to Mexico for affordable and quality dental work.  Of course, you'd have to do you due diligence and research, research, research.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.