Major wobble at 6 months on citalopram!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys major reasurance needed please! So for the past drew weeks I've felt great no anxiety feeling happy ect then we started planning our family holiday and wham back to full on anxiety sick feeling and knotty tummy brain fog and just generally panicky! I used to really love and enjoy my holidays until two years ago when I had a major panic attack 2 days before we went away the same thing happened last year and with other issues I had a break down!! Managed to go on hols but now every time o think about a Holliday I get anxiety! I'm ok at coping with work and home but this week anything else and I'm an anxious mess! I'm on 20mg and have been for 6 months should I increase or stick it out??

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi foxy

Bugger these blips. Do you have ativan or sometimes like that to take?. I find they help me if I'm getting myself really wound up. Last holiday I went on at Christmas time I exactly the same...Both looking forward to it and freaking out that I'd lose the plot and go mad. Happy to say it didn't happen and I had a great break.

I really hope you get to enjoy a break, as you sound like you are doing pretty darn well.

• Posted

Thanks Louise what is avtivan?? My doc has never given me anything else apart from cit, I was on escitalopram for 10 years which worked amazingly well until last summer when I had total breakdown so they switched to to other meds which were awful so they put me on citalopram as there very similar to escitalopram but to be honest the escitalopram were far better for the anxiety. Xxx
  • Posted

Hi,

I'm exactly the same! I thought it was only me. Im sorry I have no magic solution but just to say I'm on 40 mg cit and we are going away good Friday and I'm fine. The first holiday in 3 years where I haven't been to the doctors shaking and crying. Who knows why it happens its one of life's mysteries. Anyway I've been on cit about 13 weeks and I'm feeling ok😊 Stick with it xx

• Posted

Thanks Angie it's always good to hear from other people going through the same as you! Wow where are you off to on hols? I'm sure you'll have a great time. Do start on 40mg? I'm reluctant to go up as I had really bad side effects and my anxiety went through the roof at first. Xx
    • Posted

Hi,

I didn't start on that dose I worked up to it. When going on holiday I usually use diazepam and it gets me there and back without the anxiety, but use it very carefully.

Hope this is some help, enjoy your holiday😎

• Posted

I'm the same way thought I was feeling better then bam!! Back to depression anxiety crying just don't want to live. So tired of this feeling just want to be happy and make others happy around me
    • Posted

Hi misbrew

I know it's a horrible feeling isn't it but having been through this many years ago and coming out the other side eventually it does get better but we have to hang in there xxx

• Posted

Hi Foxy Polly 

i wouldn't increase ,because the anxiety may escalate ,it often does when you up the dose.

i would ask your doctor for diazapam ,it's a sedative ,cal active and just a temporary thing to get you through the holidays,

im the same as you don't like holidays especially if it involves a long flight.

The Diazapam solves the anxiety and then don't need it once I get home and back to my normal routine.!

• Posted

Hi felis

It's funny really I've never had a problem with holidays until 2 years ago now I just panick I'm going to have a panick attack before I go! I've always managed to go but this year I can't even think about hols and not panick and it's not until August!! I don't mind flying and I love the sun and I love being away usually I just feel nervous even going on shopping trips and going out with friends which is really odd cos I'm not normally like that! I thought the meds would help to knock that feeling out by now?? Is 6 months still early days?? I definitely am doing loads better than 6 months ago and have had a brilliant few weeks where I thought I could cope booking a hols and doing things again but this week has been a little off. Xx

• Posted

I'm having a hard time coping at home and work just feel alone in this world
    • Posted

Hi foxy

Sorry to here about your blip I've been on 20mg for 15 weeks I had a good week last week then this week it all came back low mood anxiety intrusive/negative thoughts vivid dreams back were u still having problems at -5 weeks ?

• Posted

Hi don

Yes I was still very up and down at 15 weeks then turned a corner then was up and down again then had a really good few weeks until this week but I'm going to see my doc next week. Xx

• Posted

Thanks for reply hope hope u have a good weekend xx

Keep in touch 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.