Major wobble at 6 months on citalopram!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys major reasurance needed please! So for the past drew weeks I've felt great no anxiety feeling happy ect then we started planning our family holiday and wham back to full on anxiety sick feeling and knotty tummy brain fog and just generally panicky! I used to really love and enjoy my holidays until two years ago when I had a major panic attack 2 days before we went away the same thing happened last year and with other issues I had a break down!! Managed to go on hols but now every time o think about a Holliday I get anxiety! I'm ok at coping with work and home but this week anything else and I'm an anxious mess! I'm on 20mg and have been for 6 months should I increase or stick it out??

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It sounds like a holiday thing! I did exactly the same last year xxx I had to be propelled through the airport totally full of diazapam!!! I don't know why either xx have you had and therapy? I've done some CBT which was quite helpful, maybe you could try and fit something in before August xxx 
    • Posted

Yes it's happened the last two years and now this year I can't even think about booking anything as I have a massive wobble! Yes I've done cbt and now I'm doing something called thrive they help me with coping strategy's but I think I need a year with just doing little things in this country! Xx
    • Posted

Hi

I found a Citalopram survival guide on the "no more panic" site. It's written by Psycho Poet. It's actually really good at explaining these blips and wobbles that we get. I found it really helpful and still go back to it if I'm finding things a bit of a struggle.

I hope that you are doing ok and that the Easter bunny is kind to you.

Louise

• Posted

Thanks Louise I'll give it a look! I'm ok the mornings are worse but I try to keep myself busy! Xx
    • Posted

Mornings are a shocker sometimes!.

Anxiety Guru also has some interesting reads/podcasts. I've done so much information seeking over the last few months..Dr never told me an about citalopram ,so I just had to rely on friends and the internet. Thanks goodness for all the great people on here.

• Posted

Hi all, I've been on citalopram 20 mg for almost a year now, been on and off it for the past few years. All was going swimmingly until a month ago, when stresses but up and I had a major blip. My dose was increased to 30 mg and the dr gave me diazepam and beta blockers to get me through. After a week, I felt like my old self again. Then yesterday, it all came back! Still feel rubbish today, and I'm going on a family holiday to Florida a week on Monday. Needless to say, I am panicking about it all, especially the flight. Don't want to ruin it for everyone else!

• Posted

Hi Marion,

I'm afraid it's quite normal. It's the one thing that will set you off, leaving all your familiarity. If you just manage it you will be fine. Get some diazepam for the flight and remember that your probably in the company of like minded people. On your return you'll wonder what the fuss was about! Have a fabulous holiday!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.