Making me feel worse

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone,

I went from Amitriptyline, Propranolol and Fluoxitine to Mirtazapine recently and it's making me feel really sick, I am taking 30mg a night and it's nearly been two weeks now but i'm not sleeping at all, my anxiety is through the roof and I feel nauseous all the time and I have severe headaches and i'm hardly eating anything.

I have been off the main three for nearly a month and I have hardly slept since! what do I do? I feel like crying because I just feel so bad, mentally and physically.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just too add, 100mg Amitriptyline was working for me
  • Posted

Hi

Why were you changed to mirtazapine when amitriptyline was working for you? I would suggest going back to your doctor if you are having problems with mirtazapine.

I am taking 30mg mirtazapine and my anxiety did increase the first few weeks, but then settled down again after about 4 weeks. The doctor did say that sometimes people feel a bit worse before they start to feel better.

• Posted

Perhaps it's not the mirtazapine which is making you ill and causing insomnia as mirtazapine is

very conducive to sleep. You may be feeling the effects of withdrawal from the other medications. One

should never stop any antidepressant suddenly. You must wean yourself off gradually. I stopped taking

Wellbutrin cold turkey and felt absolutely awful and couldn't sleep. I am now back on a lower dose of

mirtazapine - 7.5 mg. at bedtime. My only problem with it is that I get sleepy in the afternoon but I sleep very well at night, perhaps too long, and feel OK otherwise. As Sunset suggested go back to your doctor who

might suggest that you stick to it because the good effects take awhile to kick in.

• Posted

my doctor told me the higher the dose the less effect it as on sleeping. My dose was increased from 15mg to 30mg and couldn't get to sleep at all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.