Male 23 Good Shape Full Body Hot Flash/Tightness

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello All, 

I am posting this to see if anyone has had similar symptoms and found a cure. I am a 23 year old male that is in decent shape. For the last 7 years of my life I have expierenced full body tightness and pain. I contributed it to a car crash but I have every MRI and scan done under the sun and I am completely healthy. Every day I expierence full body tingling and it is almost like a hot flash that comes in waves - usually from upper back down legs but can manifest to rest of the body. With this "hot flash", I also get very tight and feel the need to fidgit and only feel some relief when I lay down. The doctors think it is related to anxiety and I am starting to feel they are correct. I do feel anxious a lot but never have had a full blown panic attack but I think I get close at times. Has anyone expierenced these symptoms, if so - did you find a remedy? Thank you to all who take the time to reply. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have experienced that but it led into a full panic attack. I take venlafaxine to control it and it's amazing. I suffer from health anxiety so I would panic over any little thing I felt making it into something horrible when it was nothing at all.

• Posted

Hi, Tad. Yes - as Marissa said, what you're feeling is a fairly common anxiety symptom. But that doesn't make it any less scary. Some people here take medicine to help control and lessen these feelings. Other people have found therapy helpful. Some do yoga and practice mindfulness. You have to experiment with all these ways of coping and see what works best for you. I'd recommend you talk with your GP about it and see if you can get referred to a therapist. It might help. smile 

Feel better soon my friend! Xxx

• Posted

Magnesium deficiency and too much sodium is a real possibility with the modern western diet.  Magnesium is important for the cardiovascular and nervous system and deficiencies can result in odd inflammation and pains.  Supplementing too much orally can cause diarrhea but a little can be supplemented through the skin with magnesium containing lotions and soaps and soaking in Epsom Salts.  Getting enough vitamins is also important.  I'd start with diet and vitamins before trying drugs.  Subtle, otherwise minor, physical issues can kick the Autonomic Nervous System into "fight-or-flight mode" and since the conscious brain can't figure out why, anxiety and panic attacks can result.

• Posted

I was going to comment on this until I saw JaneTx's post. Her advice is what I'd follow and have been doing something very simular. I thought I would've needed meds as well but all I did was change my diet abit, start taking vitamin D3 ( 2000 IU a day ) and I started eating a few bananas a day and started feeling better progressively.

I have to admit the progress has been kind of slow but its progressing instead of getting worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.