Male Primary Anorgasmia, unknown cause!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Help please. I'm 20 years old and never had an orgasm nor have I ejaculated (never had a wet dream either). When I try to masturbate (about once a year) I either get bored after an hour or feel a lot of pain and stop. Some background facts:

When I was 12 I was diagnosed with PANDAS and when I turned 14 I started long term sertraline, Olanzapine, and antibiotics use. I also had a short term Fluvoxamine and Clonazepam for about a month. Around 18 I discontinued all medications. 

I've had hormone testing, abdominal CT scan, abdominal ultrasound, testicular ultrasound, sperm in urine testing, and a somatosensory exam. They all came back normal.

I often have pain when urinating, and noticed that when i have sexual fantasy the pain often increases. 

When I tried masturbatng the last time I noticed it felt like i was holding urine, then some pre-cum came out and sort of went back in. I knwo ejaculating is a reflex so its not something you can hold. 

I don't really now what to do. I've tried therapy and no luck.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yours is certainly a very unusual set of symptoms. Do you feel sexually frustrated or doesn't it bother you too much? Do you have erections either consciously with physical or mental stimulus, or in your sleep? I'd say if you have erections, then you don't have a problem with hormones. You could therefore probably have sexual intercourse and learn to please a partner, but it might be very unsatisfying for you without the pleasurable release of orgasm and ejaculation. If you hope to become a father some day you are certainly likely to have a lot of difficulty conceiving a child naturally with a partner. However, if you are able to produce sperm cells, there may well be a way of having IVF even if you do not make seminal fluid. How about body hair - is your pubic hair and beard growth what you would expect at your age? What style of therapy have you tried? I'm a retired Psychotherapist in the UK. I have colleagues who are sex therapists, but I don't know if they have encountered the specific problem you describe.

What health system are you in? NHS in the UK  or insurance / private in the US or somewhere else?

• Posted

Private in mexico. Yeah, I've had various hormones test and all came back ok and I do get normal erections. One thing I forgot to mention is that twice, both times at night, while having a sexual dream, instead of climaxing in my sleep, I woke up with a strong spasm/pain. The pain really bothers me, and aside from that it really lowers my self esteem. 

• Posted

Thanks for this further info. It seems to me you definitely have a primarily physical problem that is affecting your emotional health. I therefore recommend you go back to your physician for more investigation. S/he needs to know this extra information if you haven't already told her / him. Once your physical issues are taken seriously and you get the help you need I'm sure you will begin to feel much better about yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.