Mammogram

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies,

well i attended my mammogram at our local breast screening clinic on Friday.

The clinicians were so nice, and did their very best to make me feel at ease. Though my breasts sre very tender the test was relatively pain free,...... as you lovely ladies had told me it would be. lots of fiddling and adjusting to get my breasts in the correct position.

They identified a small mass in my right breast but seemed to be confident that it was a cyst . They carried out a fine needle aspiration that has been sent to the lab, results should be here in 7-10 days. im not worrying unduly until the results come back.

i will keep you all updated whenni get my results.

thank you all for your lovely comments so far.

DIANE X

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi diane

Just recently had my mammogram also, was not too bad. Everything seemed to be OK. Lots of lumps turn out to be cysts. Hope this is the case for you xxx

• Posted

Don't worry. The Tech told me that most masses turn out to be cysts or calcium deposits. I had three cysts back in 2002 they appeared one, but the other two were too small so they said they would watch them. They stayed the same size. So they just left them alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.