mandatory reconsideration :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just phoned DWP and was told that my mandatory reconsideration has been turned down.What a joke.Looks like i'm are going to a tribunal again.So just waiting for the brown envelope to arrive.I think that the mandatory reconsideration is just a waste of time.when turned down you should go to a tribunal not wait 4 weeks with no money then another 2 weeks for a tribunal to get my money back rant over sad

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I am awaiting a dm judgement on my dla-pip assessment, I have my copy and it doesn't look good.

I am not sure what the process is regarding the period from the first dm letter, then probable mandatory reconsideration, followed by tribunal. At what point will my present mc/hm dla benefits stop.

Mike.

• Posted

Once you have the decision, if you're not happy with this then you have 28 days to request the MR in writing. Sending more evidence, if you have it. Only 17% of MR decisions change so it's highly likely that a Tribunal will be needed. They do look at the whole award again so you do risk losing everything you already have.

Once a decision's been made on the PIP your DLA will continue for 4 weeks, then your PIP will start 3-4 weeks after your last DLA payment, if you have a PIP award. If not then your DLA ends 4 weeks after the PIP decision.

• Posted

John01533, 

I am so sorry, I hijacked your post and meant to acknowledge your own plight before progressing. This whole sorry mess is exactly what the dwp hopes will grind us all down. Have you had your tribunal hearing yet?

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Mike

No not yet still waiting for the brown envelope to arrive.When you get the paperwork from the tribunal services take them to the citizen advice to fill in for you.That's what i did 4 years ago and i won my tribunal back in 2014 smile

• Posted

Hi,

Yes only 17% of MR decisions are successful but unfortunately it's a formality that we have to go through because with the MR decision letter then the Tribunal will refuse any appeal. You now have 28 days to request the Tribunal. Expect a very long wait because most areas have a backlog of at least 1 year, some are even longer than this. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour, 71% infact. It drops to less than 10% for those who ask for a paper based decision. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi denise, 

Sorry to sound paranoid, I assume that means that I keep receiving all dla benefits, including the mobility car, through the appeal processes, until a final decision is made by the tribunal, possibly in a years time depending on region. That's how I understood it, hope that you can confirm this for me.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi,

No, that's not correct. 4 weeks after the decision is made on your PIP your DLA will end. If your PIP is successful and you've been awarded payments will then start 3-4 weeks after your DLA ends.

If you're refused PIP then all your DLA payments will end 4 weeks after the PIP decision is made. If you've been a mobility customer since 31st December 2012 then there's a support package available, motability will explain this to you if you're not award enhanced mobility PIP, if you don't accept the support package they will give you a date to return your car. Hope this makes sense.

Am i mistaken here, i thought you said the report recommended some award, at least?

• Posted

All the information about the support package is on the motability website, links can't be posted here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.