Many thanks

Posted , 13 users are following.

Just want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to reply to my feeling down conversation yesterday. I definitely felt better and not alone. You have all become my friends and am so glad to have this forum. I told my husband and he said this is just what you need because I can't possible know what it is like and he was glad I had got some comfort. He has been so good but obviously can't begin to know what we are all going through. I said I just want to wake up to a day without pain. We all deserve a medal for what we have gone through. Hope you all soon have the pain free day you all deserve. Thank you all my friends .x

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ah glad you feel better now Joan and yes it does feel like we are all friends. It is very hard to explain to anyone who has been through this op what it's like. You've all been a god send to me!! Have a great weekend and onwards and upwards!!! Here's to the day when we feel pretty normal again!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • Posted

So happy you're feeling better. Everyone on here has been amazing picking me up so I'm always chuffed when I can help someone else.

I'm hoping to go to Chester tomorrow to meet my best friend for lunch. Trying to do all my exercises right today so I don't wake up too bad I'm the morning. She was going to come to me but I'm determined to get there....even if it is going to rain!!

Let's hope we all have a pain free, positive weekend. I think we've earned it x

• Posted

oh glad ur feeling better joan were always here except for Clarkey who has to work in tge sun lol lol keep ur chin up x x
    • Posted

Lol ... seriously you know how to rub it in!!!! Anyway it's not sunny here in London!!! ☀️☀️☀️⛅️⛅️⛅️⚡️⚡️⚡️😅😅😅😅
    • Posted

Popped out lunchtime and it's so hot but very muggy!! We've been told there will be thunderstorms later!! Great I just want some sunshine!!!☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
    • Posted

it is hot ive had to come in so I don't burn lol lol but just to make ya feel better its gonna rain here tom grrrr grrrt
    • Posted

Oh well at least u had sun today!!! Have a fab weekend whatever the weather! Xx
  • Posted

Hi Joan. I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday and so sorry to hear you were down. I can empathise. This is so hard. I've had a bad day today and had a good old cry in my wife's arms as I'm desperate for some pain relief. Knee pain, sciatica and constipation - what a combination! Keep your chin up. I'm only 24 days post-op from my TKR and I can get about, it is just the constant pain and lack of sleep. Great to see all the posts on here and the support people give. Take care and I hope things get better soon for you. I'm off to the pub this afternoon to cheer myself up, courtesy of my son and wife!
    • Posted

Are you taking codeine?  If so, that may be the cause of the constipation.  I took tramadol, and it didn't give me that problem . . one day on codeine and I needed dynorod!  Hopefully, though, you will soon begin to get less pain . . I remember that around a month was a moment when things suddenly seemed a bit more bearable!

• Posted

great your feeling better i always do when ive been on this forum it helps to know that your understood x
  • Posted

Hello Joan, its good you are feeling better.  We all have our ups and downs and if we can't unleash them on here where everyone is in the same boat then where could we do it.  Those of us who have hubbys, other halves etc have to put up with us, they do the best they can for us but it is up to us to try and win the battle of pain, stiffness and have the horriblee icing, because I don't enjoy that one bit!

I have been out this morning walking around the local market, not been for since I had the op  (14 weeks PO now) and enjoyed it but leg is feeling it at the moment.   I notice I am walking OK, no limp,   but my leg is still not straight, and I am concious of it.  It would be more noticable if I wore jeans or pants, but sticking to skirts at the present time. Swelling is still a concern so massaging  constantly.

Was discharged on Wed for 12 months but that dosen't mean no exercises in fact these are a priority to get  well enough to walk round without  any problems and just feel normal again without that pain pre op.

• Posted

So glad you are feeling better, you will get through it,have a great weekend and stay in touch
  • Posted

Hi Joan, I really sympathise. I had some bad days that went on and on but it really does get better. I'm 10 and a 1/2 months post op and have had a fabulous, normal day today when I've hardly thought about my knee - actually, I think I have - I thought how great it was to feel so comfortable. Hope that made sense! 😊 

Jen 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.