Mark on the shaft of my penis for months

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had this mark on the shaft of my penis for over 5 months (can't remember how long for). I was with my partner for over 4 years so thought it was harmless And would go away . I have been advised it may be a genital wart. I have looked online ahead of an appointment at a sexual health clinic next week.

I haven't had sexual contact with anyone else, and as far as I am aware neither has she.

i read that HPV is normally cleared by the body within 2 years.

My question is whether it could be something else? Is it possible that my ex or I had it before we got together 4 years ago and it only came up within the last year and if so does that complicate things?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm not a health professional but I don't think it's anything serious. You don't have any choice to rule out any std by getting tested. But there are many skin disorders that can cause benign lump. It's not painful, doesn't have weird color or shape. Your relationship history don't suggest any exposure to anything. I know its hard to not get anxious but there's not much reason to be concerned right now.

• Edited

Since posting this I know she met up with her ex who was a 'friend' that she planned to sleep with. Apparently nothing sexual happened, perhaps naively I believe her. I have went the pictures to a sexual health professional and have a call tomorrow to discuss.

I have attached another photo if you have any other ideas?

• Posted

How does it feel to the touch? Is it hard? Do you feel a mass inside?

• Posted

it is soft and doesn't feel like there is a mass inside. At different times of the day it seems a bit more noticeable and perhaps a little bigger.

And it doesn't rise above the skin much

• Posted

So it doesn't sound like a cyst. It wish I could be more helpful but you should see a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.