Matron?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Has anyone spoken to Matron lately? I just tried to private message her but I couldn't as it was "disabled" (?)

I hope you are okay if you are reading this & there hasn't been a repeat of recent problems. Xx

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I noticed she hadn't been on for a while. I wonder if maybe on holiday. She's a miss though when not here. Hope it is some good reason why she's not available. X

• Posted

Haven't seen any sign of Matron on here recently.

She did personnel message me recently to ask how I was doing and to keep in touch but not heard since!

Hope everything is all right.

Phyl

• Posted

I know Phyl, I've had an ongoing conversation with her privately which has been so helpful to me. I hope she hasn't been bothered by people being unkind again.

• Posted

It was about 2 weeks ago! Maybe she is on holiday or has taken some time out, she had recently moved house!
    • Posted

That's correct, she sounded very happy & quite settled when I spoke to her last. If she has decided to leave then that's her decision but I was just worried about her.

• Posted

Someone made some nasty remarks and upset her! Hate these trolls! hope she rethinks and comes back soon. sad

• Posted

Surely that didn't happen again?

Must be something they can do to stop trolls infiltrating the site!

• Posted

Wish there was but anyone can post what they like. It's up to us to report them to Alan the moderator if we think it's happening. I shall def do so in future, it's a shame that someone who knows what she's talking about and answers as a professional gets targeted like that.

• Posted

Is this fact? Unbelievable that it's happened again. There are some horrible people out there.

Alan, can you advise please?

• Posted

You can send a private message to Alan if you wish. He;s very helpful as a rule. lol smile

• Posted

I might as I think we need to know. Thanks. (We must continue to support one another whatever the outcome of this) X
    • Posted

Wow so sorry to hear this, she was so helpful to me I don't know how I would have got throgh my post op if it wasn't for her I hope she come back.

• Posted

She's properly gone this time after another disagreement on a thread. I personally feel by her having her name as "Matron" wasn't a good idea. It sounds like she's one of those scary Matrons we used to have strutting the hospital corridors during my nursing training and then years of working in hospital. And clearly she isn't at all like that but just the name Matron gives off an air of scary authorativeness that maybe caused wrong impressions. That's just my own opinion and I learnt SO much from her comments and always hoped she had commented already when I read each new thread. But she felt bullied so exited. Sadly.

• Posted

That's really sad. As I've said before, we are all adults and should listen to all advice given (on here, friends, professional etc) then make up our own minds. Personally I really liked "Matron" and found her advice some of the most sensible I've had.

I understand what you mean about the name and maybe some took it the wrong way. I'm sorry she's gone.

🙁

• Posted

I'm telling you, she left for good. It was all played out in the thread where it was written. I was closely following it. She really meant she was disappearing, not just taking a break.

• Posted

I was wondering that so I've been through all the threads. It was 11 days ago. I thought I was on here quite a bit but I managed to miss all that. Such a shame that one person's thoughtless comments did this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.