Maya15442

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking HRT for about 15 years, Cyclo-progynova, no side effects and felt really good. I am 59 years old. I had stressful situations in my life and very early I started losing my period. That is the reason I started with HRT. First with CLIMEN and then with Cyclo -progynova. My gynaecologist advises me now to stop using them and will not continue to subscribe them because the ultrasound showed breast cysts. I am scheduled for a mammography at the end of the month. On my insisting to continue with HRT, my gynaecologist said that we should wait first for the results from mammography and also that I should have a break of at least 6 months from HRT. Her opinion is that my age is risky for HRT. In my research I found out that women above 60 are taking HRT and feeling good. I understand that there are risks involved with taking HRT for a long period of time, but I am not ready to give up HRT just yet . I am in a serious relationship with someone much younger than myself. Does anyone have experience with breast cysts and HRT? Please help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

After stopping one HRT to change to another HRT my doctor always insist i stop all HRT for 6 months in between .With breast issues HRT can make some types of cancer worst . So they probably want you to stop HRT just in cases.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply and pointing out this. If the results from the mammography are good and if I get rid of the cysts is it possible to continue with HRT?

• Edited

I would guess you could start HRT again if the mammography is fine. I maybe try speaking with your doctor or gynecologists about it. You may feel fine off the HRT after a few weeks. everyone different though. so it not a one fits all issue.

• Edited

Thank you Rachel. You helped me feel much better and gave me hope. I will wait for results and will talk to my doctor again. Have a wonderful weekend.

• Edited

maya,

Not sure where you live but do you have access to holistic or alternative dr? They really do seem to focus more on the menopause issues that women have. They do labs regularly to see exactly what hormones you need. I am on pellets that include estrogen and testosterone. I am 60 and plan to stay on them the rest of my life. I feel normal and still enjoy intimacy. Testosterone plays a big role in hormone replacement too. I'm not sure about your cysts but I bet they would have the answers you seek with that. One thing I found out with my holistic dr is he takes the time to explain everything so I don't have more questions when I leave his office.

• Posted

Thank you Jude for this information. I will search for a holistic dr right away. I am not aware if there is one in my area but this certainly gives me hope.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.