Maybe fibromyalgia? Feel so alone :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys, me again. I’m feeling so alone right now. My anxiety all started about 2 years ago. It was after I had my first baby. At that time the anxiety seemed to all be mental now it seems to have turned physical.. I honestly don’t know where to go from here. I’ve been back and forth to my gp, had blood tests. My symptoms have turned into severe shoulder/neck pain (which dr says is from being tense with anxiety), feels like my chest is heavy, heavy limbs, unable to workout, headaches, light/sound sensitivity, and recently the scariest symptom is burning patches of skin.. they literally feel like sunburned patches of skin and are seriously painful to the touch. I have an app Tuesday and am afraid to even bring this symptom up without sounding crazy! It’s what id imagine shingles to feel like.. GP thinks all my stress and anxiety has turned into chronic pain and just keeps offering more antidepressants but I feel like there has to be some underlying cause.. Just feel so alone and like the drs think I’m crazy and are ready to admit me to a psychiatric hospital sad ugh do u guys just feel blown off by drs?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I can relate to this. All my anxiety is physical all I can think about is funny feelings I can feel.... Pains.... Odd sensations in my head. Its driving me insane I feel so down all the time. Can't help thinking it's something serious but the doctors say otherwise 🙄 xxx

• Posted

The same with me I'm in such a lot of pain but told it's anxiety it's very hard to believe x

• Posted

Sounds like Postmatal dépression that has not been dealt with 

I am a guy and not a Dr so giving birth I have not done 

But I know how anxierty depression can effect you and it sounds you are effected by this 

Don’t go on medication just yet it’s so easy 

Go and speak to a therapist this will help you 

I am sure if it started just after your first baby and you have never been diagnosed with PND it’s probably 90% this and treatable with the right care 

Therapy go to therapy you will be surprised how much this helps someone to talk to but a professional who knows how to help you 

I am sure once you start to deal with this the other symptoms will start to fall away 

• Posted

Have you been taking any benzodiazepines? They are notorious for causing these signs and symptoms as are ad in some people. I would suggest you tell your dr all your signs and symptoms as in my inexpert opinion it sounds like a allergic reaction. This happened to me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.