Maybe Gallbladder issues

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ive been having digestive issues for months and months! Anyway......went to doctors and at first they said mild IBS......then Acid reflux and gave me meds but they didnt work.....so then went for an ultra sound scan last Monday and im due my results tomorrow morning.

Just wanted to know did anyone have any luck finding andthing wrong with gall bladder with ultra sound? As ive heard so many storie on how people had an ultrasound and found nothing but in the end it was their gall bladder.

Also did you have severe symptoms with gall bladder or just constant unconfortable symptoms?

As every day i always have a very bruised /deep pain feelin at the very top of my abdomen that goes to my right. Alsi upper back aches. Feeling sick everymorning......i get a hot sensation on my face even when i dont have a fever. When i eat something like beans on toast i start to feel a fulness in my top abdomen acouple hours after that lasts right through to the next day. Ive also woken up in the night feeling sick but never been sick. Does this sound simular?? I also get dull aches/niggles in my top abdomen/like sharp shooting pains on and off. What do you all think? I generally feel unwell every day like ive got a virus or something.....ive lost weight because of this.....for 9 stone down to under 7 stone .

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi they found numerous stones on my scan I was having horrendous pains which gradually got worse until I couldn't eat anything without getting pain! Before my op I had an MRI scan and it was found that numerous stones had got into the bile duct I had to have them removed by ERCP then a week later had my gall bladder removed. Hope you will be OK try not to worry xxx
  • Posted

Hi judging by your symptoms it could be the gallbladder infected not necessarily gallstones. If your gb is not emptying properly or is infected it can cause symptoms similar to a person suffering reflux. 

I had very similar symptoms like you plus biliary colic which is absolutely the most horrific pain I've had experienced in my life. I hope they can tell you better what's going on. All the best x

• Posted

Hi, some of what you wrote sounds very unfamiliar.  Gallbladder has been gone for years but now, for several years have had what sounds like biliary colic.  Anyway, it is the worst pain I've ever experienced, even labor pains!  So, I do have a great gastro man and he is really working on this.  I've had many tests and today we do an MRICP, looking for stones in the bile ducts.  Truly tired of this and ready to solve the problem.  Don't give up, any of you.  We deserve to feel better.  This has taken over a large part of my life!
  • Posted

I think this could be gallstones. Mine showed up on ultrasound scan so I had gallbladder removed at end of April.

Still having to be careful what I eat but am certainly better than I was.

Hope you get some answers and they can start giving you treatment.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Well got my results from ultra sound and its says that the walls of my gallbladder are slightly thickened and i have rough parts inside my gallbladder which is sign of infection......anyone had this?? Would it get better on it own or will i need it removed??  I have felt so unwell for so long ive forgotten what it feels like to feel healthy and normal.
    • Posted

Sorry your going through all this i know how painful it is. I had my gall bladder removed 11 months ago. I went to the dr and was told i just had severe acid reflux since my pain was in the center below my ribs. I suffered for several more months then called my dr and she ordered a ultra sound. The results of the test were that i had sludge and 1 stone. They scheduled me for a surgery consult two months out and I could no longer take the pain & went to ER. My liver count was up so the dr admitted me & next day removed gb. My estimated 45 min surgery took 2 1/2 hrs because my gb was so "nasty" as she put it.  It was full of stones the size of large gumballs & sludge & according to the surgeon it had been like that a long time. I ended up post surgery with a gall stone in a bile duct & had to have the throat scope next morning to remove the stone. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Ugh. My advice dont wait as long as i did & put yourself through misery hoping it will get better or go away. Dont listen to drs when they tell you that you dont have typical gb symptoms as every body is different. Finally just because an ultra sound or other test doesnt show that your gb is bad doesnt mean that your gb is fine. You know your body, trust your instincts. Good Luck to you
    • Posted

Well i got my results for my ultra sound.....the walls pf my gallbladder are thickened and i have '' rough spots'' in side my gall bladder, doc says i have an infection !

After all the docs saying i had mild ibs/reflux or it was all in my head!! Im so angry as ive been suffering so long!!

Like u said u do know ur own body........and thats why i feel unwell everyday because im living with an infected organ inside my body!!

What do u think will be the next step?? do u think they will remove it?

• Posted

I  guess your next step would be a consult with a surgeon. I would say more than likely you will have to have it out but it will be much easier on you to have scheduled surgery then to have emergency surgery like I did. After its out you will be so relieved to not be sick anymore and no longer in pain.
    • Posted

Im so nervous! Im scared of the anethesia......how were u when u woke up from surgery? Were u really ill?? Ive heard some horror stories.......as u can tell im not a good patient lol
    • Posted

Hope you don't mind me replying but just wanted to put your mind at rest, I told my surgeon how frightened I was of coming round and being ill and he assured me that I would be fine and I wss! I was given anti sickness injections after I came round and then every three hours I felt great and went home the following morning so do try and talk to your consultant beforehand xxxxx
    • Posted

Awww thats great to hear!!! Thankyou i will !   I just hate being out of control and hate meds ect.....and HATE being sick! I will proberly have a panic attack! lol 
    • Posted

Awww I know exactly how your feeling love I have a vomiting phobia so being sick was a definite no no!! I have found if I tell people who are looking after me they are forewarned lol keep in touch and let me know how get on love xxxx
    • Posted

Honestly I didn't do well with anesthesia but my gb was so bad that a short surgery took 2 1/2 times longer than it should have, the next day I had another surgery & that one took 45 min to get stone out of bile duct. Second anesthesia was a breeze. So just don't put it off get it behind you if that is what u need.
  • Posted

I had my gb removed last Weds. I had been suffering through intense pain for a month before so by the time I went to the ER I was sleep deprived, having intense pain and the start of a nasty cold. Although I am still recovering I am so grateful right now I had the surgery. For years and years I was told I had acid reflux or Gerd, with no tests mind you. I should have pushed more and questioned but hey they went to medical school I didnt, so who's the expert. Last week is a blur for me, not only did I have the issues listed above I also had a really infected pancreas. My throat was killing me after and just got better but then again, I had a cold too. Week post op and I am eating again, a very very low fat diet, still sore but that's getting better daily, sadly lifting a gallon of milk caused me issues but hey, I can now sleep through the night and I don't want to die from the pain. Just follow post op and be careful with the painkillers as the can cause constipation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.