maybe I am crazy

Posted , 6 users are following.

I got in a stupid argument with my bf who told me why are u anxious there's nothing to even be anxious about;( so now I'm crying wishing my mom was here she made everything better ;( I hate anxiety so much I'm anxious because I have a freaking anxiety disorder gee thanks only if he knew what it was like

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

I know how you feel. People keep telling me to get a grip. Unless you've been through it you will never know how it feels
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What ever happeneds stay strong with your bf. It destroyed my relationship and made me a lot worse in the process
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I hate it too ! Bf's find it so hard to deal with too. Mine says the same and I get frustrated with him. He says he is going through it with me. I guess he is affected but he has no idea how hard it is to live with on s daily basis. Then I feel guilty for making him be affected by something I have and I want my mum too. Xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

How long have you had anxiety for? My partner now gets it after 12 years lol. He only really got it after having a panic attack himself after a heart scare. It is really hard for them to understand if they haven't been through it.

I find that emailing him a little letter if I'm feeling bad really helps him be more understanding. I write down my symptoms and what, if anything, he can do to help me get through the day. I find it much easier than telling him as he cant answer back and I don't feel guilty or ashamed.

Hugs xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's a good idea emailing him. When anxiety gets me I am son desperate for him to understand and say the rite thing even thou i don't know what the rite thing is myself. We can end up argueing cos he takes it as I am having a go. Think i push him to the limit to be honest as at times i am impossible. Oh dear. Xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sometimes our partner's and loved ones say the wrong thing but don't reall mean to come off as harsh as they sound, it's hard for them because they want to help but often can't and no they don't understand.

My husband is generally hugely supportive but at times I get so irritated by his comments, today I was crying because my agoraphoia just will not budge an inch, I am obviously devastated because we wont be taking the kids to fun places over spring and summer like we usually would and he said 'but if you keep trying you'll be better by then'.

I could have screamed, I have been trying for months and still can't get around the local shop without huge suffering so I don't know how he thinks I am going to be fit to travel 50 miles any time soon but really that is him trying to keepme hopeful.

And I think they do lose patience at times but only because they can't possibly understand this and it must be tiring for them too, we have nights where I am sobbing, he is almost sulky and the next morning he is back to being supportive and loving again.

I do find he listens when the doctor tells him things and explains it to him, sometimes they need to hear it that way to understand how real it all is for us.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes my partner us the same ! Just when he gets sulky I feel more anxious as I think you know how hard every day is why would you add to my torment. Well that's what I think when I am really anxious but when calmer I feel sorry for him that I have thought that or said that to him. Do you feel like that ? I know what you mean over the trips out I feel bad for my family I can't just jump in a car on spare of moment and have a day out. I feel I am making my family suffer for my problems. Can you relate to that ? I Also wiry I could push him away. X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I certainly can relate to everything you say, I  feel annoyed in my worst moments then calm down and feel awful for it, it's not his fault after all and the guilt over the family is huge, it's an illness that can't be helped but it's my illness that is robbing the family of a normal life so of course I feel guilty about that, we are a close family, a close couple too but it's definitely taking it's toll on us x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Glad it's not just me. I love my partner so much and when anxiety id calm I wouldn't be with anybody else. But when I am anxious he annoys me just by walking in the room ! That's awful isn't it I think I get so consumed in my thoughts I can't cope. Yeah. Takes it toll. I pretend I am ok st times just for his sake as I want him to be happy. My daughters just think I am a grump I think I try act perfectly normal as I can for their sake but the pretence builds up into anger really and I just want to scream or be on my own. Do you relate to that too ? X
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

A lot of people who don't have anxiety/panic disorder, don't really understand. Just like with those who don't deal with clinical depression, OCD, etc. It's worse with males, most of the time, if they don't have that. I just have to keep reminding myself that my boyfriend doesn't truly understand, though it would be nice if he was a bit more supportive. He's getting better, though.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up