Maybe it's time to go?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I recently sent a reply to someone who was asking for advice initially, regarding Cita side effects. I was part of quite a few people replying trying to help this person.

Within the context of this discussion and following previous replies I posted some very personal experiences, opened up also about very personal things  and mentioned about withdrawal and that I was soon going to try a reduction. I  said:

"Regarding withdrawl I have heard no bad stories if it is done slowly and gradually, but I hope to be able to advise on this myself shortly."

I only discuss current posts, exchange experiences, try to help individuals and I have never, ever been accused of misleading anyone because that's what it feels like! I rarely jump in to other  peoples conversations and never, EVER  fire  broadsides at anyone! Nor would I ever recommend anyone, whether a regular and definitely not a new member,  to go trawling past discussions and definitely not a horror site (true experiences as they may be) that will most probably scare them to death, when they are not at that point in the illness anyway!

I am very upset that someone feels it necessary to "jump in and have a go!" I cannot understand why? I only try to help.

2 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey David

Firstly please please don't leave us! You are instrumental to this site. Without you many of us would be lost! You, katecogs. Digsby, carole and misssy have helped me personally over four and a half months of depression. Also I have seen you take the time to respond to many others on numerous occasions.

I hope I have not miss typed anything that may have offended you ...as that would upset me a great deal. I try and be diplomatic at all times but I'm also blind as a bat...hence hope it's not me miss typing anything.

We need you....I need you!

Your experiences and empathy help us all and I am so thankful for you being here! Xx xx xx

Ps. . Please put my mind at rest!!!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi David

I'm sorry to hear someone has had a go at you - all you try to do is help, same as I do.  You've been a valuable member of this community and lending support to those who need it, as well as having to deal with issues yourself.  Please don't go ..... 

I was was sent a personal message by someone months ago who practically ripped my head off over a teensy thing - I was quite shocked and also thought maybe it was time to go.  I held back however, and let it pass over.  Like you, I only try to help by recounting my experiences.

David you'd be sorely missed - please don't go.

K x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

David your advice and experience has helped me so much over the last few weeks, like you Said we are all here to help each other and be supportive, your words are never anything but encouraging don't let anyone mislead you by telling you otherwise xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi David, Thats interesting I have never felt that way from your comments when either I or others have asked questions or for advice? Personally I found a lot of what you said helpful and got my CBT from other sufferers experiences including yours, so it may be that there is a one of person whom has misinterpretated what you were trying to say ? I would hope you stay on the forum and keep us updated on how you are tracking/feeling and continued to use your advice! 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Everyone who can give there input and experiences regarding this med is valuable information. Thank-you for sharing. I had no idea there was any issues with it and being on it for 15+ years and an increased dose just over a year ago. My experience may be yet another unique experience having had a brain injury, TBI, 3 + years ago and taking with a seizure med Tegretol xr that I found out takes away from how the Celexa. Yet another one for more information. I appreciate all and any response from those who are taking Celexa. In my case with the Celexa and jumping from 60mg back down to 40mg along with a changed brain from an injury along with a ton of stress. I think with that combination I have had withdrawal but am not 100%. I am still in the figuring it out along with trying to eliminate stress. Or at least reduce smile. I know everyone of us has tons of that :P
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Don't go!! It means they win!! You've been such a help to me and so many others. Remember this is a site for people with mental health issues and maybe that person is suffering (no excuse to be horrid really). Don't take it personally (easier said than done, I take everything personally!) and weigh up the one bad comment against the millions of fab ones xxxxxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi David

i agree with all the posts regarding your thoughts on leaving.  You would missed by so many.  Always welcome your advice and thoughts. You have been and continue to be so very helpful.

lynda

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

No. Don't opt out. Your advice, warm encouraging words and sense of humour would be missed.

People like you, reaching out out when the world feels like a very dark and scary place, are what keeps others going.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

So there we have it David your staying? unanimous votes in support that you stay wink Look forward to your next comments!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up