MD

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok can anyone help? I have MD and the pressure is bad of in my ear right now causing some dizzy spells and just feeling really bad the past week any good suggestions on what to take to get it cleared up?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi daniel.  are you on a diuretic?  are you controlling your salt intake (less than 1000 mg/day).  Do you have a sedative that you take when you feel this way?  If you are not on diuretic and/or not on sedative  you might want to ask your doctor to prescribe one for you.  Sedatives like Ativan work by calming inner ear nerve sensations going to your brain.   The fullness you feel is probably from either  inflamation or fluid buildup or both in inner ear area. If you are on a diuretic what mg are you taking?
    • Posted

Not on diuretic and I try to watch my salt. I do have 2mg Valium
    • Posted

ask your ENT doctor for diuretic and make sure you take it everyday.  In addition to severly limiting salt, try eliminating caffeine and liquer.  This combination should result in improvement in ear fullness within about a week or so....GOOD LUCK!
    • Posted

They took me off diuretic cause my blood pressure was staying to low
    • Posted

They gave me a steroid to take every day but don't help

• Posted

Too bad about the diuretic....that usually helps.  Two other things to try are steroid injection into ear to relieve inflamation and Betahistine taken orally to increase blood flow in inner ear area to help with inner ear inflamation/fluid retention.  If you are in the US you will need a prescrption for the betahistine that will be filled by any compounding pharmacy.  Let us know if either of these things work for you.
    • Posted

Ok thanks I had the injection 3 years ago and have a steroid to take by mouth daily but they don't seem to be helping maybe it's just the weather

• Posted

If you have an ENT, I would go and either get steroids by prescription or a shot of steroids in your ear to help calm it down. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.