Me again....

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm sorry to keep posting but things keep being thrown at me!

I had a CT Scan today and as a few people said when I posted about this it was really nothing to worry about in itself. The nurses were great and it only took 5 mins with no discomfort at all.

What I'm worrying about now is that they did a scan of my chest as well as my tummy. I have been experiencing a bit of discomfort under my ribs on the side where I know I have a 10cm cyst and so now I'm wondering if this is normal or are they looking for something else? Has anyone suffered this symptom? Its not causing me pain- but then I have very little pain at all and none of the symptoms of OC except occasionally feeling bloated- its more just discomfort and a feeling of pressure.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Sorry for all the different posts!!!

Chris

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi chris please go back and look at my messages from 2013,i had same pian etc,nothing to worry about s all t do with the dermoid , tc mags smile
  • Posted

I shouldn't worry that they've covered your chest as well as your tummy because it's good to have extra bits covered just so that you know that they have been very thorough.  Just because they looked there doesn't mean that they'll find anything.   I had a CT scan last November because I had passed some blood in my urine and I had a cystoscopy and a CT scan and the results came back all Normal except that the CT scan showed that at some time I had sustained a compression fracture of the L4 vertebrae! I had a fall downstairs about a year before and it had been very painful for a couple of months but I didn't have an xray so I might have done it then.   I've had a some more xrays recently as I slipped in the garden and fractured my femur and I had a bone scan last week which went over the same area so it was a sort of double check which I don't mind.   I shouldn't worry about what bits they covered on the scan because it's better for them to cover a bigger area than to stick to a smaller one and possibly miss something.  As for your bloating , I had gone to the doctor before the CT scan because I was getting bloating and was off my food so the scan covered me for that as well but I don't get bloating now because I changed from cows milk to soya, almond or Hemp milk. Worrying about what it might or might not be won't help so wait until you get the results and hopefully they will say there is nothing to worry about.
  • Posted

It's routine to scan the chest as well so try not to read anything into it. They would have said if they were looking for anything else. 
  • Posted

Hi chrissie

Firstly don't apologise you are worried which is natural

I had pains under my ribs especially towards my back. My ct was from my neck to pelvis. Think they just like to have a good look which is not a bad thing. I did wait couple weeks for results, which I chased for. Sure all will be fine so try not to worry xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.