Me again and sertraline, confused!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone, it's me again, ok so brief quick history

I've been on sertraline for severe anxiety and depression caused by one dose of citalopram for just over a year now.

I've put on 2 stone in weight , but been feeling a lot better.

The last 2 months I've been trying to come off the meds as I'm scared that one day it will poop out and I'll be in a mess again. Also coz of the weight gain.

But the way I'm cutting down is just by taking a bit off the tip of the pill each day, now and again I get low moods like tonight. I have been through some stress the last few days, with massive emotional arguments with my 17 year old son, and a now a break up with my boyfriend of 7minths who I do love.

Should I push through , or just give up and just carry on taking the full dose of 50mg again??

I just need some reassurance and a chat with people who understand the horrible feeling of depression plz.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

That's strange because I also use to take celexa (citalopram) for five years loved it and then weaned off slowly during my pregnancy with no trouble then tried it again two years later and only two days of it sent me into a horrible state!I was terrified to try another med!My panic didn't subside when I stopped the citalopram either for those two days I took it my heightened panic and insomnia stayed with me until I gave in and tried Prozac five months later when I couldn't take it anymore!Still trying to get through the Prozac been six weeks on it now!I wish I could help with the weaning process but maybe tot rate down slower and see if that reduces the withdrawal effects.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That is strange Monica !, I literally took one dose and 4 hours later I was having the worst possible panic attack of my life.

I vomited and had the runs, I felt I wasn't on this planet and it didn't subside at all, after 1 month I gave up as I was also way too scared to take any tablet , but it led to a deep depression and I couldn't of got any lower to be honest. So now I'm on sertraline, it's done me a lot of good. But I want to come off it. But I don't think I can 😢

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Lattifa its been so long since we have chatted. Last time we chatted you had hurt your leg and we were both starying sertraline. I came off of it, started just using valium daily. Now I am going to my Dr on Tuesday and hoping to get on Celexa cause my anxiety got worse in the last 3 months and now add deppression to the mix. How are you doing? Why do you want to come off the zoloft? And have u tried Celexa before? I am hoping that the celexa will be the one that works cause the sertraline was a nightmare for me. I am also hping to stay at a low dose and hopefully that will be enough. Did the sertraline end up heloing your anxiety along the way?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey Maria, yeah I'm all good thank you Hun, I want to come off because I'm scared one day it will just stop working???? And also I've put on a lot of weight!! Foot all healed up nicely now thank god. So was the sertraline not good for you? Was it not working?

I also don't want to be on meds all my life, I don't know I'm sooo scared coz so many people get relapse! Dunno what to do??

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Go back on your medications, you will get nowhere scraping your medication.

Make an appointment with your GP and explain your fears and concerns, discuss your depression and find out what He advises.

BOB

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up