Measuring Knee Bend

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can anyone tell me how I can measure myself, the bend in my knee?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

The straightening of the leg you can check in the bath, by using your hand under your knee or how much water is over your knee compared to the other one.

The bend can be checked by sliding your foot towards your bum and compare how far you can slide it back. Compared to the working knee. You need around 115 degrees of bend to walk down stairs correctly.

Good healing

• Posted

IHave got my leg nice and straight im still struggling with the bend when im sat on a chair i can just about get my foot slightly under the chair im 3 months post op im going to see the surgeon who did my tkr on the 17th of December hes a bit of a stickler about the bend of the knee.
    • Posted

Sit further forward on the chair. This allows you to bend your knee more. Hold the bend for as long as you can. Then rest. Do it 5 or 6 times. This will really help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.