Mebopause and Palpitations

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone, who is in menopause, get palpitations and then a hotflash? It's driving me crazy!!!!

If yes, what can I do to fix this? I'm afraid to gp on brt because my mom did for 10 years and ended up with breast and uterine cancer.

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Saraw, you could try beta blockers from your GP.

Not nice, I know, good luck!

• Posted

Hi Saraw, yes I have palpations and they go off at every little thing..I wonder if they will go away, my friend call and they started bring me out in a hot flash too
  • Posted

Hi

I have very weird heart sensations.   Sometimes palpitations.  The other day I had beats that felt like fluttering.

About 10 years ago, when I was 45, I also had the palpitations.  I went through a complete workup (all possible testing) with a cardiologist and their conclusion was that I was pre-menopausal.  Now that I am 55 and have just reached menopause, I had the palpitations again, about 6 months ago.  They seem to have subsided but I still have weird heart sensations. 

I actually went, again, to cardiologist, two days ago.  On this day, I happen to be having the fluttering feeling.  (my heart will beat normally, then the beat will feel like a flutter)  He looked at my blood work, blood pressure, and did an EKG.  He, has so far, dismissed any weird feelings as again the menopause stage.  However, he did order just a stress test so he can see if he needs to dig any further.

It seems as if weird heart feelings happen to many on this site.  

• Posted

Sorry for your mum! Maybe you try hrt for not so long as your mum? Hrt is the only drug that helps me almost immediately with the symptoms. Is BRT for sure the cause of your mums cancer?
    • Posted

Sorry that was a typo, was very anxious when I wrote it. And yes, HRT was the cause, the doctor said so.

I'm so anxious about this, 3 weeks straight of palpitations. I'm scared of meds and wish I could get rid of them naturally.

• Posted

Hi I am now 10 years post and had really bad palpitations with my Peri but found that 400 mg of magnesium glycinate stopped the palpitations and helped with sleeping etc ...glycinate is well absorbed by the body not causing diarrhea
    • Posted

I was taking magnesium oxide. Perhaps, I should take the glycinate. I will check with the pharmacy. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.