Med increase

Posted , 4 users are following.

I increased to 10 three weeks ago and i still have anxiety. I was on 5 for 5 weeks before increasing. I also have been on Trazodone for two weeks. When should i expect to feel some relief from the increase?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

increasing does not mean relief.this medicine works real slow for most folks . gradually you will see comfort not relief entirely.everytime you increase you start the cycle all over again.

• Posted

yes it gradually took 8months.and iam still taking celexa ten milligrams almost three years and recover.

• Posted

During your three years recovered did you still have blips? do you still have blips now?

• Posted

when i do have them they last seconds.in the beginning they lasted hours and days and sometimes weeks

• Posted

lois

Did your energy get better over time.? Right now i am always tired.

• Posted

yes in the beginning before celexa my fatigue was horrible and thru out celexa the celexa magnified the fatigue but then gradually my arms and my legs had power to move again.so the answer is yes.

• Posted

thank you for responding. your words give me hope to continue taking the meds. i have to keep reminding myself that this is a process and i have to go through the process to get better. when i was first given celexa my doctor made it seem like it was going to work wonders in 2-4 weeks, so that is what i was expecting:(

• Posted

i was also told that so i kept changing meds thinking they werent working little did i know i stumble upon this forum and lord and behold katecogs came to my vision and reading all her comments here iam recovered

• Posted

katecogs is her name ..shes very popular on here.

• Posted

just search thru the celexa forum.she always comments

• Posted

Well in my case, I started out with 10mg but knowing I would have to be increased eventually as my anxiety and all that was pretty bad. I took 10mg for 3 weeks, took 15mg for 2 weeks and now I've been on 20mg for 2 weeks or so and I didn't really notice much difference up until about 4-5 days ago, which I know its still really early and this is just the beginning. I think gradually increasing for me was a good thing as I tend to get anxiety from taking any kind of medication, and I can say I don't think I had any noticeable side effects at all from the citalopram which is a huge relief, and the past week each day has been better and better with just a few small set backs such as feeling anxiety where it would normally creep in only now it seems further away and doesn't seem to get to the levels that it has been which is great! I understand that most people have the blips here and there and I'm sure that I will too but I think its more of when you feel it try not to let it scare you, its best to learn about what is causing the anxiety and how to not let it get too bad. I've been doing a lot of self help techniques too and learning all I can from success stories and what has worked for others and each time I feel anxiety starting I use the things I've learned.

Anyway, yes this medicine does work pretty slowly, and you start noticing that you are feeling better for longer each day. So, until you start seeing it just try to stay calm as you can and keep reassuring yourself better days are coming. 😃 I myself have kept a journal also for each day that I've taken it, and I can look back at the beginning until now and I am able to see the changes for myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.