medication

Posted , 3 users are following.

advice please lovely people,i had been on prozac for 14 days during which ive felt terrible every day,ive had a horrible time as my anxiety got steadily worse,i had 2 meltdowns/panic attacks at the doctors,yesterday my doctor started me on mirtazapine,i took one tablet last night along with my usual meds and this morning i woke up after 8 hours sleep feeling a lot better,for the first time in months i woke up with less tremors /shakes felt less jittery and much calmer than ive felt in ages,i still have all my usual numbness/tingling but im just more relaxed about it,so now im confused do i feel this way cos the prozac is kicking in or is it possible to feel so much better after just one mirtazapine tablet,dont know which to continue with,any advice x

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Oops, tricky one! Call your surgery to ask your gp!

In doubt I would go for both again today.. If it carries on great! If not, stop one..

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

its a difficult one isnt it,i feel so much better and really want this to continue so id hate to stop the wrong one,it would be difficult to speak to gp,my surgerys a bit of a joke thh x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

It's very likely the prozac kicking in and having the mirtazapine joining in.

I'm sure your dpctpr must have told you that you shouldn't be taking them simultaneously?

I would ring the surgery and ask for a call back to get this clarified.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

so which one do you think is most likely to be working?can the mirtazapine really b so effective so soon im even more confused cos pharmacist said both can b taken together in chronic cases,which is me lol,i really dont wanna stop the wrong one x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi tess;tomorrow would be better for me,things are a bit hectic today,havent had a minute from the kids cos they havent been out anywhere with their dad,i had a fab sleep last night tho 9 hours which is excellent lol,hope youre well xx
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up