Medication

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi just wondering if people who suffer with bad anxiety are on medication and which one does it help?? My doctor prescribed me citralapram and serelatine and don't kno which one to take in scared of taking any medication because of the side effects and advice would be helpful thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirsty. I can understand you being scared to take your meds.. I was exactly the same. My hubby had to stand behind me and make sure I took my first tablet as I was so scared of feeling worse than I felt before.

Now remember we are all different and this is my experience only. I took citalopram but it did nothing for my anxiety so struggled for years without any meds. 8 weeks ago went to my docs as I was a wreck. I got sertaline 25 mgs for two weeks then up to 50. First week was pretty rough as I did have high anxiety plus didn't sleep lost appitite and a bit of an upset tummy. My experience is short term pain long term gain. I am feeling so much better now. I do take the odd diazipam if bad and todat Mt doc gave me a course of sleeping pills to get me back into a sleeping pattern.

Your doc would not have given you these if he didn't think they would work. You can do it!!!. Take them and try to keep busy and don't think about it. They are tiny ...

Good luck

• Posted

Hello kirsty

Any medications been given to you should be taken both are required for your anxiety and depression.

Citalopram is a AD, Serlatine for AD and Anxiety.

The Citalopram will take upwards of three to six weeks to work well the other also needs time to be beneficial

If you need to chat we are always around

BOB

• Posted

Just remember the reason why you  need meds. For all of us,we had to trust that they would help. If you have any side effects,that become bothersome,then call your doc and they will adjust,or change. I promise they won't make you feel worse then you already do. How bad do you want to feel better. That's the question you need to ask yourself. I hope you pick door number 1,and feel better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.