Medication

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm sure no one here likes being on medication, I know I don't! Most posts seem to focus on the negative aspects of medication which I'm also guilty of which makes it worse for all of us here. Has anyone had positive effects from medication and has made there life and depression, anxiety better?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My medications took two years to sort out and now they prefer to leave well alone.

My condition is a Chronic Disability and associated Reactive Depression so it all jelling together and I have to be strict with how I take my script.

I am pretty stable at this time and I will in the near future have to reduce some of my tablets because of my age. I do not look forward to that day.

BOB

• Posted

There is light at the end of the tunnel.  9 months later, I am feeling better.  Last meds were Sertraline 100mg for 6 weeks together with Abilify for 4 weeks.  It started with one evening being good and then a few good days.  It has now settled in for 3 weeks and I'm looking back! - Nanc

• Posted

I have been taking 300 mg venlafaxine and 15 mg mirtazapine since last July for treatment resistant depression. It started working after a few weeks, and I have no depression or crippling anxiety now at all.

I'm so grateful to feel happy and sleep well. There are some side effects, but they don't bother me much. The high cholesterol is the only real concern, and my doctor is monitoring that.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Good to hear some positive stories and I've just started Lexapro yesterday and I'm hoping for the best, it has been hard to admit for a long time that I needed any medication but I know that I need it at this point in my life and I just need to accept it better than I have.

• Posted

I tried to do without my medication on three occassions, turning out bad. Staying on my meds and taking correctly without missing doses has changed my life to much for the best no doubt. I tookprozac at one time and it just stopped working. I was taking it correctly and was slipping backwards. Changed and got better. After this happened I was ask if I had not heard of prozac poop. No I had not but I don't think it is used much nymore.Im happy an doing well. I have no doubt the meds are why.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.