Medication Increase

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello

I've just had my dosage increased from 20mg to 40mg. Just wondering if I am likely to experience any of the side effects again? I took my first last night.

Thank you

R

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Yes is the short answer!

I went from 20mg to 40mg and after about 2 weeks had anxiety and trembling which worried me at the time. After advice on this forum I stuck with it and now feel so much better.

Stick with it and it's worth it😊👍🏽

• Posted

Thanks for replying, I want to be prepared for it as it can be quite unnerving.

I'm looking forward to the 'worth it' stage as 20mg took the edge of things a little but not enough.

How long were you on 20mg before increasing?

R😊

• Posted

Hi,

I was on 20 mg for 2 weeks then upped to 40mg. I'm at around 20 weeks now and feel so much better, not 100% but the anxiety has gone.

it does get better🙂

• Posted

Hi there

I went from 20mg to 30, then 40mg. I got side effects on increasing,but now near as bad as when I first started on my initial 20mg dose.

Hope the increase goes well for you.

Louise.

• Posted

WTF! Yes, as others have said, you will. What made you or your Doctor increase by 20mg just like that?

I am on 40mg, but went up in 10mg stages and that was bad enough, let alone 20mg!

I guess there isn't much anyone can do except support you through all this.

Shocked,

David

• Posted

Sorry you are so shocked by this!

I'm not going into details to why I felt I needed an increase and my Doctor obviously thought it was the right thing to do! I started on 20 and had some side effects and just wanted other people's comments about if I would get side effects again. I'm not medically trained in any way so cannot comment.

I appreciate any support from this forum as I have no one I can talk to about it at home.

• Posted

Morning RayLou,

Sorry, I did react to your post and not respond as I usually do. Was a bit of a shock to say the least.

Anyway, I would be surprised (and jealous) if you do not suffer some added extras (side effects, as I prefer to call them - not so negative) as usually there can be, and with a hike like this I guess it raises the odds. Mind you, as we are always saying here everyone is different, which means we all don't get the same or intensity of added extras as others. It also depends what repairs this sticking plaster for the brain has to do and that also depends on how long it takes to do so.

The moderators here are medics, but us poor forum folk have been where you are at the moment and we can support you through our own experiences.

So, Welcome to this all inclusive club! 

Keep reading, posting, no matter how insignificant it may seem and we'll help and advise the best we can!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thank you for this reply David, I'm quite new to forums and not feeling great so did think I wouldn't post again but I will now.

I've taken two days of 40 and not noticed anything yet but a little scared as it does seem a big leap but I did start on 20, and been on it for 3 months so who knows what will happen.

R

• Posted

No probs, I and many others were not use to any kind of forum, but I'm glad that I found this one!

I levelled out at 40mg and it has not been too bad, of course things can happen that'll rock the old boat and I certainly had a few last year. None of which were related to my taking Cita and the only one that still hangs over us is my 13 year old daughter who is going through some maturity, hormonal things at the moment. She is just finding it difficult to process things that are happening and social media is no good for kids of her age or younger, it certainly does not help. We know that now, but hey, we all keep learning. One thing about this issue, now that I am further down the road to recovery is that I can manage the stress without getting too upset or suffer from continual ringing in the ears.

One thing I have found about this forum, it helps me remember the good things people have said to help and advise me as I pass this and other experiences on. It is a bit like a family however you can pick and choose. You may find you don't need it all the time, but we are always here if and when you do need us.

So, keep posting, keep reading and keep getting better, even though it may get difficult at times.

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi RayLou,  That is a pretty big jump all at once, usually go from 20 to 30, then to 40.  It is normally important to go up...and down...slowly, as it can cause a bit of havoc in our system.  But, I’m not the doctor.  You will probably notice the side effects again, and the darn anxiety will kick in pretty good.  But everyone is different, so think positive, maybe you won’t have as bad of side effects.  But, if you can hang in there, you will be ok.

I’ve been on Cital 20 mg. for 3 years, it’s a good med, and it has helped me a lot.  I was lucky, I didn’t experience too many of the side effects at first, as my doctor told me to take the meds at night 30 min before bed with a little food.  This also helped me with sleep.  I wish you good luck!  We are here for you, as you need support!  No judging here, we are here to help each other as we go through this together!!  Sending you {{{Hugs}}} in the mean time! 

• Posted

Thank you, I started taking mine at night about a month ago and it definitely helped as I felt less foggy minded.

Fingers crossed nothing major with the increase, just trying not to worry about it too much!

Thanks for the hugs, sending one back 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.