Medication not having the same effect recently

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi a few years ago after losing my father suddenly to a heart attack while i was pregnant i found myself getting what i thought was symptoms of a heart attack, i know now its panic attacks so ive been through so many medications minus the drugs that make u drowsy because i have a child so dont want to be feeling disorientated... anyways, recently i feel like they arent doing what they used to, im on slow release propranolol 80mg a day and fluoxitine 50mg a day, sometimes if im bad my dr puts me on busprione too... just feel s****y and drinking a bit more just to have some control over how i feel, i know its a depressant but it makes me feel normal and i dont get hangovers!

do i need my medication increased maybe?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello, you might be able to increase prozac to 60mg, but as you are taking a beta blocker as well, theres probably not much point. think you would benefit from a complete med review, as it doesnt look like your current ones are doing it any more. drinking complicates it, and you need to stop. very short term gain, but long term pain.

if you are not already doing so, try to see a pysc, as they will be much more capable of recommending a med solution for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.