Medication phobia HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed a few months ago with trichomoniasis and was prescribed the antibiotic metronidazole 400mg twice a day for 7 days but I’m absolutely petrified to take it, I have a phobia of taking anything since taking diazepam a few years ago gave me my first and worst panic attack I’ve ever had so since then I’m so scared to take anything, I also made the stupid mistake of googling reviews and side effects one side effect was anxiety then I read reviews and people was saying how bad it is and how it gives you anxiety, one woman even said she was put into a psych hospital because of it WTF so that has scared me even more, I just don’t want to feel worse than I already do I have severe anxiety disorder and depression and I’m petrified of everything I don’t want to feel out of control or to lose my mind even more because I’m scared of what might happen to my mind, does anyone have any tips on how I could get over my phobia and also any natural things I could try to get rid of the trich? I feel sick and can’t stop thinking about it because I know I have it but I’m too scared to take the tablets, I’m torturing myself, please help. Thankyou x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

A few more professional opinions should put your mind at ease.

• Posted

okay, take a deep breath .. to help with your phobia.. i would dissolve the pills in a soda or something. it might taste gross but you'll get the medication you need. as trich can become very dangerous if not treated honey.. its all mental, we gotta face our fears for our better health, and currently the only to get rid of trich you HAVE to take the medicine they gave you . i know how hard this is for you. what can help, is putting the pill at the back of your mouth and pouring in a large amount of liquid then just swallow Everything! i hate taking pills and i found this helps me.

• Posted

this is me as well, am scared of taking any meds for anything so am suffering for it, am suffering with severe anxiety and depression as well, i just dont take them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.