medication withdrawal 😈😈

Posted , 3 users are following.

Some of u may remember I wanted to stop the amitriptyline well it is obviously stronger than me I managed to cut down from 75-50 with no problems even the 50-25 was okay but I got too impatient and because things were going great i though after 2 night of cutting the 25 in half with still no problems there would be no problems if I just stopped my god was I wrong last night would have been my 3rd night without them and I was still awake at 3 am I would fall asleep then wake 10mins later with a freight almost like a nightmare and my heart was racing I ended up having to take the tablet at 3am and eventually slept

I have now cut the 25mg in half and then halved again so I will take 1 half and 1 quatre for a week then half for another week then a quatre for a week then I quatre every 2nd night I have learnt this has to be done slowly but I am still determined I will eventually stop them

My pain is bad and have been taken strong pain relief but I will try and find others ways 2 help myself

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It took me a long time to get off Paroxetene but it was worth it. Good luck and keep determined.
    • Posted

Bluesman did you come off them slowly yourself or with gp's help. The doctor gave me nortriptyline and said 2 try these they might be better but they aswell have lots of side effects so didn't even put prescription into chemist I know after trying the amitriptyline it's not what I want
    • Posted

I was a fool. Tried cold turkey which was awful. Then instead of 20g every day took 20g every two days, then 10g (half a tablet)  every two days , three days then stop. Not with GP's help.
  • Posted

We'll done you, I was given 50 originally years ago at the hospital when first diagnosed mmmmm. Just didn't like feeling like a zombie all day, I cut them down myself to 10mg...really felt withdrawals too, but endured..was on 10mg for years..was going really good..then a .really bad flare up...Dr told me my body needed the 25mg again..was so hard for my brain to comprehend this, so I sought other opinions, which  suggested the same..have been back on the 25mg now for years..works really well too, but wouldn't want to go through those withdrawals again...I always used to wonder about addicts coming off drugs..as that's the area mu  husband works in and I just didn't get it..mm do now even though only a small bit...must be soo hard for them..poor people..you have done soo well, give yourself a huge hug..be blessed ..:-) xx
  • Posted

I was taken off Duloxetine without anything at all to replace it and suffered withdrawal symptoms for about 8 weeks. I too would wake up suddenly with power surges like a whoosh of vibration from my pelvis to chest then heart racing and body shaking. I was then advised to try it again at a lower dose, start pregabalin and amitryptilline. I have restarted tramadol which I get on well with and only take now and again. The experience has given me second thoughts about taking medication especially reading other's experiences.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.