meds

Posted , 4 users are following.

4 days of 5mg prozac is ik ok just to stop

as it was a low dose

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

in a word - yes.  Just wondering why you feel you want to stop so soon is all but if you decide you definitely do, then really you shouldn't have any bad effects after such a short time on so low a dose.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I agree with Loxie , what was the reason for putting you on such a low dose in first place
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I stopped Prozac instantly as it gave me awful side effects and I was fine.  I was only on it about 2 weeks.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Odd starting dose! Liquid presumably? Fluoxetine can safely be stopped abruptly when dose is 20mg daily or lower. Doesn't matter how long you've been on it.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hiya Tanya

Fluoxetine has a long half life , ie it takes a while to get out of your system,so yes it is fine to stop

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sarah

No it was tablets. They normally come in capsules but I asked the pharmacist for tablets and she ordered them in the next day.

I have a great fear with medication therefore I wanted to wean myself on it. But today my anxiety/panic is so severe and I acted really strange for a second while I was freaking out.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hiya

Ah ok, I'm a pharmacist and have never seen an adult (or anyone) start on 5mg fluoxetine, it wouldn't do anything for a start! But I understand you're anxious about it. You need to be taking a dose which will actually work, ie 20mg to start. Or have you seen your doctor to get something else? Or are you deciding not to take anything? Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up