Memory loss

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi everyone i am new to the symptoms not as severe as some. What is really worrying me is the memory loss. Names of people i work with every day and last week i was in a meeting and completely forgot what i was talking about and couldn't think of the simplest of words.

I Had an appt at the docs today, she was ready to prescribe HRT but i want to try and manage it without drugs if i can, I know at the moment my symptoms aren't severe. just the memory loss, fat gain around the waist and severe doom and gloom, Has anyone else managed it by diet and natural suppliments? I'm going to try Evening Primrose oil or is there anything else anyone can recommend?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My memory is HORRIBLE also!! But i read that it's normal so I just deal with it...but it bothers me so much. I cannot remember what I did the prior day sometimes...and names disappear also!! I totally feel you!!

• Posted

I decided I would go for HRT, to see if it improved my anxiety, anger and shocking memory...the symptoms that I have found most distressing. While it's helped with the anxiety/ire (phew!), it has unfortunately done nothing for my memory. I'm seriously peturbed by the worsening HRT shortages though!

• Posted

Hi - Sounds just like me! I was at a party the other day and could not remember the name of my friends wife that I have known for years. I also have lots of anxiety. I'm trying to eat well and work out lots. It's tough but you're not alone.

• Posted

thanks ladies, its embarrassing being in meetings at work and totally forgetting what I'm talking about or what I have been asked to do. i had two meltdowns today. I had an overwhelming feeling of everything being just too much. I've got to go back to the docs for an appt to be referred as i have a prolapse. I feel totally useless and crap about myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.