Menapause and painful jpints

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm in menapause and on hrt conti patches but for the past 3-4 weeks my shoulder joints and elbow joints are painful, really only when I wake up, anybody else the same x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Would i be mean if I said, "Welcome to the club"

Yes indeed its a big symptom that ive heard and experience periodically myself. Its like youve developed fibromyalgia overnight.

Do not be concerned, its just the menopause..aches pains, trying to go through the changes..

I wish i had another answer, but its just what it is.

xx

• Posted

lol no your not been mean. But it's bloody awful waking up every morning with joints seizing up and in pain. I am using tiger balm, which does help but it's a nightmare xx

• Posted

Try bedtime and morning yoga stretches, on you tube. Only 5 or 10 mins. They help to keep your joints from seizing up. You can even do them in bed! Bonus! 
    • Posted

I've also been taking rosehip supplements for last 3 months, seems to be helping my achy knee and hip. 

• Posted

Hi Maisie thank u for your reply. I will try the exercises xx
    • Posted

Sorry Karen I didn't realise it was so painful. Do you think it could be coming from your neck? Maybe check or change your pillow height?  I had disc problems in my neck and Physio and chiropractor helped. Plus Pilates helped correct my posture.

Hope it settles soon xx

• Posted

Hi Maisie no need to apologise. I think it's the way I sleep cause I am so tense when I go to sleep due to anxiety. Gonna try a v shaped pillow tonight for head and shoulders xx

• Posted

Yes Karen, all part of the menopause, it seems there are so many different symptoms we get. One goes another appears ? I've had those symptoms often they weren't all the time would come & go. I coped well with many symptoms ... then hot sweats & anxiety Hrt put a stop to this thank goodness.

• Posted

Hi mars yes mine. Ones and goes but can last for weeks when it does come. Yes my hrt as helped with hot flushes and calmed my anxiety down, not completely gone as mine is health anxiety but a lot better xx
    • Posted

Yes I still wake some mornings with painful elbows, just recently iv'e had a really bad neck / shoulder us women we have to put up with all of this , but the HRT has been great for me .. think maybe never come off it? I had to stop it in February as was having a hysteroscopy & polyp removed. Ugh the symptoms came back !! Now ok thank goodness xx

• Posted

Yes, the worst part is perimenopause when your hormones are fluctuating.  I got very sore feet and elbows.  I'm post menopausal now, and my feet still feel achy unfortunately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.