Menapause women HELP HELP

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm 50 not had period for 17 months suffer with anixety never use to been since august last year feeling and thinking I'm dieing get nausea and panick at every little pain been fine all day then tonight it's kicked in anxiety .

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I'm in the same boat as you. No period for 17 months. I have terrible anxiety since October.Also hot flashes and I cry for no reason.  I always feel like I'm dying too. Today I keep thinking I'm having shortness of breath! Everyday something different that I dwell on. I try so hard to not think about it. My family tells me it's all in my head which I know it is. They don't understand anxiety and the way it gets a grip on you. Unless you experience it you have no idea. I pray everyday to feel better and be myself again. I can't even go to work. 🙁

• Posted

Glad to hear from you crying as I replying back hate being like this was so out going I'm just a shadow x

• Posted

Oh, Angel, sometimes people don't understand but it's OK. I feel better when I'm very busy. Hate to be alone. .that's when I start getting all horrible thoughts. ..

Blessings

• Posted

I don't like being alone either. My mom comes over while my husband is at work and keeps me company. If I'm alone I start getting really anxious. I just want to be me again.

• Posted

Its been that way for me a while nw, it is scary an the only comfort i hav for u is to try a take control of d situation i feel anxiety for everyting now an scared all d time tryin my best to relax u shod try it ..hope u feel better soon
  • Posted

Hello Diane,

I am 46 and having regular periods but experiencing similar anxiety symptoms for the past 3 months. I have a high stress job so the anxiety is making it very hard to even complete small tasks at work. I get anxious while talking to family and friends and have started avoiding meeting up with people. I know it's my hormones but it is very hard to deal with. I feel like a completely different person and have been close to giving up over the past week.

Keep posting on this site because it's reading other ladies stories that helps me to know I am not alone. I hope it gives you some encouragement too.

• Posted

Hi Angel, I have felt the same that you do. I would avoid family and friends as well. Some people do not understand unless they have been through it or going through it. Most doctors dont even get it. I am much better now. It took me about 6 months to get over certain feelings. I am now starting to be able to go in stores and to different functions. You will feel better...please just keep believing that! The things that I believe have helped me are taking light walks everyday, staying active, no caffeine, no sugars, vitamin d3 (I was low), praying and daily devotionals. What you are experiencing is hormonal. Please take care of yourself and know that things will change soon. Praying for you! Take care!
    • Posted

Hello Becky,

Thanks for your message. I will be getting back to my exercise regime this week and ensuring I go to church more regularly. I was an active member of my church and from October I started going less and less. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

• Posted

I started getting anxious and panicky when I was in the run up to the menopause (I'm 54 now and 2 years since last period).  It wasn't bad during the day but the evenings were awful...I'd lie on the sofa to watch the soaps and my mind would go into overdrive, usually about the things I hadn't got round to doing that day, and my stomach would start churning and then I'd be so anxious I could barely function.  I started taking Starflower oil capsules and Evening Primrose oil capsules, and within 2 weeks it had made an immense difference.  I stopped the starflower a while back but now take 1000mg of EP every day.  With it I'm pretty well ok but if I stop it I turn into a wreck!  It's made a huge difference for me and I wouldn't be without it.  Give it a try and I hope you feel better soon xx 

• Posted

Hiya, Diane, you are here and it's already good. You are not alone. We're here to help.

Did you read about

1 of many symptoms is Bad Memory. Haha -really funny. It is sad but funny 😂😂😂😂

What we can do? !OMG! !! I call it Girl's Peri!

Blessings

• Posted

Hi diane87594, yes I'm like that from time to time I sit and watch TV and my thoughts are not on the programmes it's on me and how I'm feeling Anxiety is not nice but we just have to get through it daily until it goes,hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Try Evening Primrose Marla...I take 1000g a day, it's not expensive and it helps me hugely.  If I stop taking it then within a couple of weeks I start to become so anxious again, so it's definitely effective for me.  I can't guarantee it will be the same for everyone but worth a try?

• Posted

Hi

I had exactly the same try and drink lots of camomile tea and lemon and ginger tea for nausea also sucking on mints helps exercise is great but just breath and tell yourself this is just my hormones do not focus on the anxiety try and distract yourself it will pass mornings are usually worse get up eat and exercise

Jane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.