Meniscus Repair and Bone Marrow Aspiration 4/15/2016

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,  tomorrow I am having Meniscus Repair and Bone Marrow Aspiration on my right knee.  Surgeons won't do TKR yet as they think still too young.  So going this route to let them fix the tear and to do a stem cell injection in hopes my knee will grow new cartlige.  I know I will be fine but praying that surgery will be a sucess in the pain goes away and I grow cartilge.  I would appreciate everyones thought and prayers please.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Cathy,

I have not experienced this procedure.  Prayers for you and to guide the hands of your surgeon.  Keep in touch, as you go thru your successful recovery.

pam

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Cathy

Good luck for tomorrow. It's not a procedure I have had. Keep on the post to let us know how your doing.

Speedy recovery.

Kim 👍👍👍👍

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey...I hope all goes well ibtried the gel and injections it onlybwirked temporarily...but I did not do the other procedure....I hope it works for you...I did my knee replacement jan 28...is been rough...but I can say...I dont feel that bone to bone pain......anymore I am getting better...I see the light at the end of the tunnel....is beem a long brutal journey...and is making me hAppy again...good luck let me know about that procedure!!!,,,
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sounds new, how exciting.  WIshing you all the very best and hope it works. It is good news that surgeons are looking at alternatives
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up