Menopausal Panic Attacks!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hello Gang! What are we taking these days for panic and anxiety that isn't HRT?

How are you coping with social events, holidays, parties, weddings, work? Where can I find that strong willed independent feminist woman I once was. I miss her. LOVE to you all. ❤️

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am now 60 and still having issues with the same it sucks but even worse I have lost interest in almost everything I use to love I hate it!!! I am trying to get it back but I don't know how too 😦

• Posted

hi i dont know why they tell women menopause lasts a certain amount of time.a lot of people i know still suffer long after their periods are finished..its very misleading isnt it..i was talking to a lady who said her mum still had terrible hot flushs in her 80s..more should be done to help women and people should be educated about menopause like they are periods sex and pregnancy ..its an incredible change to the body not always a positive one for most ♥️

• Posted

I agree it is misleading. I knew a lady who was 88 and still got heat flashes. My own mom is in her 80's and she still gets meno symptoms. 🤷

• Posted

It sucks!!! I never had any issues with anxiety until perimenopause started. I had to go on prescription anti anxiety medication for relief

• Posted

It really does suck ! Can i ask what you take please ? i think i have reached the point where I throw the towel in and ask for help . x

• Posted

I am taking Paxil... it's an anti-depressant and anti anxiety medication. It works wonders for my anxiety but it has caused me to gain a little bit of weight. I'll take the weight gain though over feeling like that any day!

• Posted

I have become a hermit. I stay home most of the time. Its lonely.

• Posted

Hi Christine, that makes two of us . . . No way could i work feeling like this ! its extremely isolating though being at home all the time x

• Posted

I've started seeing a homeopath and she has given me a remedy that is helping with my social anxiety.

• Posted

im ten years post meno at 52..periods just stopped at 42..no symptoms.last couple of years ive dealt with horrific panic attacks that stemmed from health anxiety along with chronic insomnia..im slowly recovering and i push myself to go out on my own even though i was dreadfully scared..and it will get better..if you surrender to anxiety and accept it for what it is just anxiety you can get better ..i went through a period of not going out etc because it was that bad until i just thought i dont want to live the rest of my life like this anymore so ..i want to be happy again.it does take time..hormones cannot kill us even though it can feel like they are..thats what i keep in mind neither can anxiety or panic..i cant take hrt as it made me really ill they wanted me to take for bones as i was young..so i just really look after myself eat well rest..exercise..say no and became very selfish lol because i had to...even left my job at 50..will go back into work but only part time..take care all♥️

• Posted

Try 5HRT+ , i was recommended this. I tried all the HRT Medication and nothing worked or helped in any way. These vitamins are safe and will help with anxiety lack of sleep and motivation. I bought mine from a company called hello pure, they sell them on Amazon. Hope this helps ... x

• Posted

There is no way around anxiety, only through it. Whatever gives you the most panic, do it over and over and over again until it holds no more control over you. Out of all the symptoms that are happening to me, anxiety is the only one I can change myself. You can do it. Lean into the anxiety. There will become a point when you become so exhausted by anxiety that you will say, "Do your best anxiety. If you're going to end me, then so be it." Once you give up all control, it no longer holds any power. Easier said than done, but trust that you have the ability to withstand the worst of anxiety. xo

• Posted

Bach rescue has helped me so much. I take lot's of it and always have it on hand. It still comes but I feel a little better...I also changed my life to be way more easy on myself and try not to push myself to hard. I will retire this summer from my job and I feel that will be helpful because I won't be forcing myself to go. Hope this helps you! Your not alone 😃

• Posted

Im not sure if its peri menopause or my anxiety/depression plus an abusive husband or all of that probably. i so miss my adventurous feisty self. Hate this weak piece of crap ive become. I need a time machine!!! Done with this crappy life

• Posted

Caz240 you must get out of that relationship. I too was in an abusive relationship in my 20's and it was one of the worst times of my life. It made me a mess and it took yrs to get back to my normal self. I couldn't imagine going through meno and dealing with it. I would of gone crazy. Please leave and take care of yourself. Praying for you.

• Posted

Hi hopeforever thanks for your kind words. I feel im going more crazy the longer i stay. Yes i really need to be on my own his negativity is too much. panic attacks are awful hope you get less and peace returns.. I used to be so calm, need to believe i can be again. Sending love and goid wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.