menopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi to you all, i am also experiencing aches & pains especially knees, hips & leg pain. having read up alot on symptoms for the menopause this apparantly is common. the joys of being a woman.!!!! elaine.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elaine. Not sure how this discussion forum works but I have, recently, been diagnosed as being in the mmenopause. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Was relieved it wasn't anything more life threatening but, heck, the mixture of symptoms I am getting are pushing me to the limit. Have been prescribed HRT. Was trying alternatives..still am...but am so desperate might try the HRT. I can't carry on, like this. The hot sweats are the least of my worries. The chronic aches and tiredness, mixed with an unhealthy dose of mood swings (with on going Bipolar) literally driving me mad. I never thought it would be this bad and this is a natural process for women. Pffffff
  • Posted

Hi Mandy if you find that HRT suits you stick with it. It takes time to work it's way though but I wouldn't be without it & I can honestly say that I've felt marvellous since I started taking it. I know that it doesn't suit everyone but as far as I'm concerned I never want to come off it & I have had no side affects al all. Janet x
  • Posted

Hi, I'm 62 and have been going through menopause since I was 53! All the usual suspect symptoms, although the flushes are now more like my heat setting is permanently higher, rather than sudden flushes! I also have painful knees and wrists, and haven't slept properly since it started (hence on this forum at 12.40am). I can't take HRT and have tried all the 'natural remedies' without success....so my question is, when does it end and will my life ever go back to some semblance of normal?
  • Posted

Hello Elaine. I'm so glad I read your post. I am 51 and experiencing just the same symptoms and have just about reached the end of my teather. I don't know what's happenning to my body. It's like I have no control anymore and it's scary. I ache all over, no energy, disturbed sleep, lack of motivation and feeling down......I have been debating whether to opt for HRT - weighing up the risks and after reading the replies to your post, I have made an appt to see the doctor as I can't carry on like this anymore :-) Thank you for highlighting this very sensitive subject.
  • Posted

I was just looking on-line to see if tiredness was a feature of the menopause and came across youtr postings and the replies.

I usually have huge rafts of energy and spend a lot of my time playing tennis and dancing, suddenly I cannot be bothered to go and don't seem to have teh energy, I put it down to the lack of night time sleep due to hot sweats and then needing a nap mid-afternoon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.