Menopause

Posted , 5 users are following.

Changed my e-mail today. I just found out that i am in menopause. The blood work showed that I am in menopause. What do you ladies suggest I do to help relieve the symptoms of anxietis while I am going through this may I ask. Any suggestions. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan

I find the anxiety associated with this is very debilitating. What works for me is progressive muscle relaxation ( I can send you a link to a really good one) and mindfulness meditations. In addition to this plenty of distraction! It's the nausea associated with the anxiety that I find tough so I also take an anti sickness tablet in the morning so I can eat. I've lost a stone since Christmas due to anxiety so I tend to eat in the brief respites when I'm not nauseous.

I hope you find something that works for you. Big hugs, Anita x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.