menopause

Posted , 12 users are following.

hi ladys please can someone help me i am going through meno and i am at my wits end pain sick crying you name it i feel it i feel like i am on my own i also suffer from anxiety wich doesnt help makes things even worse , i relly need someone to chat to and no that i am not on my own ,,, thanku so so much 

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You just wrote exactly what I'm going through. I am 40 and started pre meno about 4 months ago and I have experienced nausea , dizziness , headaches , my joints, lower back and bones hurt like crazy and I suffer from anxieties that has been worse since I started Peri. So bad that I've had to be sedated 3 times this month. I was put on hydroxyzine which has stopped the anxiety attacks and at least that part is over but the constant outbursts of crying for no reason is driving me nuts . I cry when I see or think of something happy or sad or most of the time just watching TV.
    • Posted

aw blees you darl ,, i hate it , its just took over my life , do you get pain in yr hips and thighs tho hun , ? 
  • Posted

Hi Janice..you arent on your own. You only have to go on this forum and we are all singing the same song lol.

It just astounds me there are so many women suffering and not much support...you have to become Dr Google to help yourself.

I read what helps people on here and try it myself. There is a lot of trial and error to find what helps your set of symptoms. I gave found the anxiety is the worst at the moment. I have had anxiety in the past but this is different...i can't handle any stress now...even minor stress sets me off. I have downloaded a relaxation app and practice it 20mins everyday...it does help even though it takes practice to be calm. Also I hot L Theanine from a health shop. It is an amino acid that is supposed to work like Xanax but isnt a drug. I take a 1/4 teaspoon when I am really anxious and in half an hour it seems to calm me. Google it and see what you think...they are doing studies on menopausal use. Keep your chin up and keep in touch....take care smile

• Posted

thanku so much i am really graetful , and yes i will google it lol ,, i will try anything ,, i have been like this for 3 yrs and its driving me crazy ,, but knowing that there is someone that can relate to what i am going through helps ,, i dont go out the house i just clean and then sit for the rest of the day wich i no doesnt help but i just cannot manage to go out yet , and thanku again for getting back to me 
  • Posted

hiya love ,, thanku so much for geting back to me , and i will google it lol i will try anything i have been like this for 3 years now and its driving me out my mind , i just want to be normal again , its the joint pain all over..,, and not sleeping witch makes it feel worse  i am just so grateful that there is someone that knows what i am going trough ,, and thanku again it means alot 
  • Posted

You are not alone. I am 38 and this started for me about 5 months ago. I get a few days of "normal" then I feel horrible for the rest of the month. I deal with dizziness, off balance, nausea, weird head pressure, insomnia crushing fatigue, heart racing, and many many more just to name a few. The worst is the anxiety that has really gotten bad since this started. It does make you feel alone at times especially when no one else around is going through it and can't relate, or when docs don't listen. I am here to tell you that you are not alone. There are lots of suggestions here that you can try to help ease the symptoms, you just have to see what works for you. Hope you feel better soon and take care of yourself..~Jamie~
  • Posted

You just need to look on here to realise you are not alone. I come on here when I think I am going insane, when I!ve been to docs AGAIN and been treat like a neurotic, when I feel like no one in the world understands what I'm going through, when friends (so called) loose their patience with me because I'm always cancelling things etc............. It really helps to read on here that everything you are experiencing is real and down right awful. Keep strong when you can be and endure the hideousness of menopause when you have to. 
  • Posted

We are with you Janice, my brain is addled today from panic this morning....I'm exhausted....sending hugs
    • Posted

Sending big hugs to you all.

I know the feeling of canceling my appointments.

It's a nightmare. Who ever would have thought it would be like this ?

• Posted

Nope never gave it a second thought....I thought flushes was the only symptom....I wish someone had told me as I would have spent my 30s getting fitter healthier and more clued. Up.....hugs to all xxx and
    • Posted

I said the same thing. If I had known that I was going to experience peri like this, I would have gotten myself physically and mentally prepared to deal with this better.
    • Posted

Totally Jamie, its an outrage girls and women aren't educated about menopause and also no older women have shared with us...maybe they just wanted to forget...who could blame them really.
  • Posted

You came to the right place my dear, these gals are awesome!!! The best place on the planet to be during these awful times.

I am 53 (at this point a Senior) and started peri at 41. ( now everyone goes though it differently). Please keep that in mind. I know of a woman who didn't have any of these side effects. Went through menopause like a breeze. She is the exception. Either that or, she is superwoman! Lol

You are not alone. I have been through some very very hard times in my life and never needed anything for anxiety. Well I do now! I had to get help. I am on Wellbrutrin and HRT. I had no choice, I have two children to raise, without them I probably would of just dealt with this awful mess, but I needed to be an example for them and lost myself for a while. No patience, anxiety, weight gain, brain fog, lost for words in conversation, felt insignificant, insomnia, forget sex, twist things that people say (in my mind in a negative way) wont leave house, I'm ashamed to say this but I will to help anyone, I had all to do to get out of bed, I didn't even want to shower anymore, (I did make myself presentable but no where near what I was) I am slowly slowly getting back, with Gods help, medication, better diet, and being better to myself.

Don't lose sight of being good to yourself. And if you don't want to do something or not go anywhere, Dont (this will help lessen your anxiety). This too shall pass. I hope sooner than later. I can go on and on and on. I just hope my sentence with this menopause is almost over and my hope is that you gals don't have this as long as I. It really is a major upset. But hopefully , I will appreciate some sense of normalcy when it returns again.

Take Care and Giod Bless you All

Maggie xo

• Posted

Only just joined this forum, but I've seen how awesome people are here. It's hard to get any support out in real life unless someone else has been through it. I know I've felt just whiney and over-sensitive if I've said anything to anyone. So, yeah, wonderful support here!

I've had to make sleep a priority as everything feels worse if I'm not sleeping well. Not always easy if night sweats happen or anxiety and worry keep me up. But sleep is a wonder drug. Also a good vitamin B complex is helpful, and magnesium is good for calming.

Other than that, I tried the lowest dose estradiol patch and it gave me such bad palpitations they had to do an EKG to make sure my heart was okay. Various herbal supplements also made me anxious and I couldn't take them. I did some homeopathy and it seemed to help. I know they give antidepressants for hot flushes and I expect it would greatly help if you're also having anxiety/depression.

Take care - you're not alone!

• Posted

Yes, what may work for me might not work for others. It's like this on going daily experiment. I go to my Dr. She is great. You must find a good and caring Dr. Aside from the Wellbrutrin and HRT, I had blood work done to see what I am lacking in. I'm on D, B-12, B Complex, multi vitamin, and C, Yes I had to buy a daily pill case like Grandma, but it has been a great help.

One more thing lady's, it is not a bad idea to have your thyroid checked. This can give you also some of the same side effects as menopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.