menopause

Posted , 12 users are following.

hi ladys please can someone help me i am going through meno and i am at my wits end pain sick crying you name it i feel it i feel like i am on my own i also suffer from anxiety wich doesnt help makes things even worse , i relly need someone to chat to and no that i am not on my own ,,, thanku so so much 

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Janice,

Can you give me the info on that app. I will try anything that helps.

Thank you for all your input and kind words to all of us.

Maggie

• Posted

Hi girls- I was physically as fit as I could have been before all this started and its made no difference what so ever - trust me. In fact it's probably made my bones & joints hurt more. Nothing can prepare you for this onslaught. 
    • Posted

I can believe that. I was pretty healthy and feeling quite good before all this started. I know women can go through it differently, but I never expected it to be like this. I'm so edgy today. Everything my family has said in the last two days has irritated me to no end. I was never like this and I no know it has to be hormones. I'm so frustrated I could literally scream.
    • Posted

Jamie,

Sometimes a nice walk alone will help. If you have the energy to go. Do something for yourself.

Yes, I still have many days like this myself.

Hang in , tomorrow is another day!

Maggie x

• Posted

Thanks Maggie,

Its always nice to hear an encouraging word. Im in mt room relaxing on my bed with my tablet. Just relaxing little today. I feel a little off and I know its my cycle coming. So just trying to relax and keep my anxiety down.

• Posted

That's the best thing you can do for yourself..

Take it easy . Read inspiring books. Watch positive shows, listen to relaxing music. Sleep when you can.

• Posted

Feeling that Jamie, my youngest had her pal staying last night and they've bickered all morning.......rains stopped.....outside lol x
    • Posted

Now that really sounds like me haha. My nerves can't take much these days. I'm already jumpy all the time, I can't take my kids arguing, yelling, or anything anymore.
  • Posted

Hi Janice,  I'm 61 now, but went through this at 33 as I had to go through a complete hysterectomy back then.  I had to be put on HRT, and boy I was a mess!  I would highly recommend you go see a OBGYN and get started on some sort of HRT soon!  When you get on the right one, you will feel so much better!  My doctor is trying to take me off of mine, and it is not working...I am going through what you are AGAIN, at my age...and I want to scream!  And I miss my mind mostly! I have been trying slowly to go off of them, forget this business!  I am going to get back to myself here soon I hope!  This forum has helped me!  Good Luck to you Janice!! 
    • Posted

Hi Deidra,

So you have been on Hormones since you were 33? Boy you must look great. My doctor told me that she knew of ladys who were in their 80's and don't want to go off them , simply because of them having less wrinkles than most lady's their age because of the hormones . Good luck getting off these. Which HRT were you on? Or should I say being taken off of. They really do make a difference ! I'm on Premerin. I know all about the memory and mind crazyness all too well.

Good Luck and hang in there!

Maggie

• Posted

Hi Margaret,  Yes, I have been on Premarin since I was 33!  Now, my new insurance does not cover "Premarin", and now my GP has is switching me over to another HRT that I am going to give a try.  If not for this forum, I was very leary of, heard good things about.  So, here we go.  At this point, my body is just not ready to go off HRT yet!  Back all those years ago, my husband asked my OBGYN how long I would have to be on this medication, and at that time he told my hubby, "for the rest of her life".  And he was the one doctor I totaly trusted with any, and everything!  He was a wonderful doctor!  He literally saved my life!  I vever thought about it before, but I don't have facial wrinkles, I just thought it was good genes, as my Mom and Grandma all never looked their age.  My Mom is 82, and she truely looks maybe 62.  No one believes she is 82!  But, she is very active, and always has been.  She is a strong woman!  My little Grandma, all 4' 9" of her was also a strong woman, her little body even at 87 was amazing!  Her skin was beautiful!  You should have seen her legs...still shaply as ever!  My Mom's legs are still beautiful too...she used to be told she had Betty Grable legs. biggrin  I just hope I can take after them!  I don't plan on stopping me HRT now for sure! 
    • Posted

Lol, yes I was just wondering, because it makes so much sense. Think about it, we have hormones as young girls in puberty, (reproduction years,) then peri menopausal the start of depletion of hormones. If we keep up with the amount of hormones we had as a young lady. ... We wouldn't age so quickly and It will preserves us longer. Lol

I'm sure your Mother and Grandmas legs and skin were beautiful and that didn't hurt having their genes also. But save the beauty you got if we can right!

Just wondering what strength of Premerin you were on. Also, do u have any issues with your thyroid?

Also I am 53, so I'm just wondering, I think I'm leaning more towards post menopause, did you feel better as time went on through the years on Premerin? I'm only on it for about a year or so. I still have my good and bad days. Boy I will tell you this is really hell on earth this menopause. My Grandma use to tell me that she knew woman that went over the deep end going through it. I thought she was blowing it out of proportion ! but I know now! Sorry Baba, you were so right!

Thanks,

Maggie

• Posted

LOL  I was very sick from a teenager with endometrioses (sp) and my OBGYN tried to save what he could when I was 24 and only married for a little over a year, I did sort of ok for 9 more years, then it returned with a vengance!  Then I had to have a complete hyst.  I had been in so much pain all those years, and told I was going to lose my mind by every woman I talked to...I was so scared!  But, I have to tell you, I was no longer in any pain, I felt so good, and the doc put me on Premarin .625 to start, had to up it for a little while, then back down.  I stayed on that dose for years, until the last year, the doc put me on the .4.  It took me a while, but I think I adjusted, FINALLY, and was doing just fine, until I found out my new insurance won't cover Premarin, so my doc ordered  a new HRT for me, so I am going to give it a try.  I forget the name, I will have to go get the bottle, but the one of the gals on here has been taking it, and has had good luck with it, so I am going to go ahead and take it.  Fingers crossed!  But, really, I have had great luck with the Premarin all these years, I didn't lose my mind...but since I have been trying to go off the Premarin instead of trying the new med...it's a different story!!  LOL  NOW I feel like I am falling apart, so I am going to try the new med!!  The heck with this stuff!!  I figure at this age...I am too old to deal with it all!!  LOL  I don't have the patienc!! 
  • Posted

I'm there with you too Janice. Got depression and anxiety along with all the other peri symptoms. If I don't go out, which I never want to do these days, the depression gets worse. If I do go out the anxiety gets worse. Today I went out to walk in nature and on my way back home stopped in to get a decaf latte at a coffee joint and the wait after ordering was long and I started getting anxiety attack. I was so fidgety I felt so self conscious. And started feeling so dizzy. I can't believe all this is happening to me.
    • Posted

I had that today too...stopped at a bakery and started getting anxious even though i was served straight away. I am in my bad week now so hopefully next week is better. I am lying on my bed aching all over with indigestion again..i feel like I am coming down with a virus but I never do. Its so frustrating!
    • Posted

Yeah something about stores brings on anxiety. Waiting in lines or the big stores. I changed my grocer to a smaller mom and pop for this very reason.

What's your bad week, from day 14?

Hope you feel better tomorrow. Is it still hot weather?

• Posted

My bad week is about day 9 until about day 14. And then just before period for a couple of days. But it could change as everything does in peri lol. I still don't feel like my old self the other days but can cope. I feel like I live my life according to my cycle now.

The weather here has finally cooled now although still not what you would call winter at all. I actually put a blanket on at night but its late 20s during the day and humid still smile

Hope you have a good week too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.